• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/30 vs. Athletics - 4:05 p.m. start

Ray McKigney

Murphy is batting .318 against LH pitchers this year and has had some clutch hits for us down the stretch. He's also hitting .381 vs Oakland.

Victorino is batting .230 against left-handers

Gotta love those arbitrary Scioscia match ups. Facts be damned.

Victorino this September: 4-for-25, .160 BA

Day games (I think 4 PM qualifies.)

Murphy .302 BA

Victorino .196

This would certainly lead any reasonable manager to go with Victorino.

Murphy hit a walk-off a couple of days ago against a lefty. That's proof that he can't hit lefties.

Yeah that's really not how it works.

I think Victorino has had his shot and blown it, while playing Murphy in the field is a marginal enough thing as it is against RHP. If it were up to me I'd be playing Cowgill.

I'm doing this because if I point out the suckage of the lineup, it is sure to win.

If I had simply said something like "Well the skipper knows best" they would get blown out.

I'm just trying to do my small part to keep the roll going. 

I think this skipper would do a better job filling out the lineup card than Scioscia does:

skipper.jpg