• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OCR on Scioscia and the next GM

nate

Ok, so I read it, and it seems as though Scioscia wants more input in the minor leagues and what the players are doing. He also wants more of a say of what his roster looks like. I know some will look at this as Scioscia wanting more power, but his last line about the responsibilities of being a manager are greater than the 25 people in his locker room, probably is very true.

Ok, so I read it, and it seems as though Scioscia wants more input in the minor leagues and what the players are doing. He also wants more of a say of what his roster looks like. I know some will look at this as Scioscia wanting more power, but his last line about the responsibilities of being a manager are greater than the 25 people in his locker room, probably is very true.

He had all that control during the Reagins era and that is what lead to Dipoto gaining control.

Hopefully Arte doesn't make the same mistake again in giving Scioscia all the power.

I don't know what else you need to believe that Sosh wants GM power, player dev power, draft power....and still inject his contact play. Sosh is ambitious and a hard worker but I don't care for many of his in-game philosophies and none of what I believe are his philosophies outside of being the manager. 

I don't know what else you need to believe that Sosh wants GM power, player dev power, draft power....and still inject his contact play. Sosh is ambitious and a hard worker but I don't care for many of his in-game philosophies and none of what I believe are his philosophies outside of being the manager.

If Mike wanted GM powers then if Arte loves him like the narrative says he does, then I am guessing Mike will be our next GM. To say he wants a say in how they play the game in the minors isn't a bad thing. He wants his guys to be aggresive on the basepaths in the minors and be able to bunt. That truly doesn't sound like too much to ask. But if you want to assume it is go ahead.

Dipoto and Scioscia...both Italian names right?

This might have all started years ago over which lasagna recipe was to be used for the post game spread.

Conjecture? Sure....but it makes sense.

Often these simple things can spill over and cause serious personal squabbles.

Mama Napoli's old-country recipe sent a catcher packing.

If Mike wanted GM powers then if Arte loves him like the narrative says he does, then I am guessing Mike will be our next GM. To say he wants a say in how they play the game in the minors isn't a bad thing. He wants his guys to be aggresive on the basepaths in the minors and be able to bunt. That truly doesn't sound like too much to ask. But if you want to assume it is go ahead.

Part of the problem is the aggressive base running and bunting. So yeah, that is the problem. I prefer a GM who constructs the club and the manager to be an extension of the GM's philosophy. I probably wouldn't have a problem with Sosh wanting more power across the entire org if he wasn't so old school. You may like his style yet I think it hurts the Angels.

Except that advanced stats say that this is counter productive.  That is why Dipoto was trying to change those things.

You think that agressive baserunning is counter productive?  I am willing to be the Angels have scored more runs than they have had bad outs because of agressive baserunning.  I also think that just about every single player should at least be able to lay down a bunt.  This isn't a defense of Scioscia, this is a defense of that style of play, just to clarify. 

Running out of innings ain't real sexy.

Especially when Pujols does it.

That's real ugly.

Tell me how minor leaguers being aggressive on the basepaths has anything to do with what Albert does? Just a hunch that 99% of the minor leaguers in our system are younger and faster than Albert.

You think that agressive baserunning is counter productive?  I am willing to be the Angels have scored more runs than they have had bad outs because of agressive baserunning.  I also think that just about every single player should at least be able to lay down a bunt.  This isn't a defense of Scioscia, this is a defense of that style of play, just to clarify. 

We have different opinions on some if not many baseball strategies and tactics. I believe Sosh is a dying breed for good reason.