• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout maybe the MVP again?

QuinlansMinion

If he continues to finish strong doeshe have a chance? Hes put the team on his back this entire month. He still trails Donaldson in Runs, and Rbi. But his batting average is about the same, his OPS is higher, OPS+ is much higher, pretty sure his WAR is higher, and hes playing in a pitchers park without nearly as much help as Donaldson. Not to mention, defensively what hes done for this team.

It would be a shame to see him robbed of another MVP. He clearly deserves it over Donaldson.

Bautista and Encarnacion hit directly behind Donaldson. Trout has Pujols and whoever else is batting fifth (granted, lately Cron and Murphy have been more productive). Either way, if it wasn't for Trout's horrific August (still don't know how he managed to keep his BA above .290), I believe it would hinge on whether or not the Halos make the playoffs. At this point, I think Donaldson's bigger numbers in some of the key areas will get hime the votes. Just my opinion.

He clearly deserves it over Donaldson? Nope. Don't discount Donaldson's season just because Trout plays for your favorite team.

IF the Angels make the playoffs and IF Trout has a huge final week here then I think he has a shot. But otherwise, no way.

Im not saying Trout should win because hes on my favorite team.  If you actually read my original post, I said Trout has a higher OPS, OPS+, has 40 home runs playing in a pitchers park, higher WAR and has saved many games with his glove.  Theres absolutely no question Donaldson has way more help than Trout does.  There isnt a single .800+ OPS in the Angels lineup.  Theres only about 5 or 6 guys in the AL that have 30 homers and 100 RBI and 4 of them play for the Jays.  Not to mention, Rogers Centre, Angel Stadium, do I really need to explain that to you?  Playing in the AL East gives you a tremendous boost to your numbers.  Every park in the AL East is a hitters park.  The voters arent smart enough to take these into consideration, im sure Donaldson will win because he has more RBI and plays on the East Coast, but Trout clearly deserves it.  

I think MVP voting is already done...I know the votes are ended before the post season is determined.

MVP votes are turned in after the regular season is over.  Why would they vote when theres still a week left?

I think MVP voting is already done...I know the votes are ended before the post season is determined.

MVP voting is done before the postseason starts, not before it's determined necessarily. There is usually a day off between the end of the regular season and the start of the postseason and unless all relevant postseason races are already clinched I understand most will wait until that time to submit.

That said Donaldson wins regardless. Combination of east coast bias and the fact that the Jays have had a better offensive season by far (resulting in more RBIs) is too much to overcome even if Trout goes on a ridiculous hot streak the last week.

Edited by ScottLux

Im not saying Trout should win because hes on my favorite team.  If you actually read my original post, I said Trout has a higher OPS, OPS+, has 40 home runs playing in a pitchers park, higher WAR and has saved many games with his glove.  Theres absolutely no question Donaldson has way more help than Trout does.  There isnt a single .800+ OPS in the Angels lineup.  Theres only about 5 or 6 guys in the AL that have 30 homers and 100 RBI and 4 of them play for the Jays.  Not to mention, Rogers Centre, Angel Stadium, do I really need to explain that to you?  Playing in the AL East gives you a tremendous boost to your numbers.  Every park in the AL East is a hitters park.  The voters arent smart enough to take these into consideration, im sure Donaldson will win because he has more RBI and plays on the East Coast, but Trout clearly deserves it.  

You'd think we'd all be used to Trout deserving MVP's and not getting them.

**** it, we all know who the best player in baseball is. 

This is the first year he's played where he won't win MVP and the voters will have probably gotten it right... probably.

That year was 2013. Cabrera deserved the MVP in 2013, but not in 2012.

That is only true if you believe the MVP has to come from a team that makes the playoffs. If you believe that then every player on the Tigers deserved it over Trout, and that is clearly absurd.

I personally believe that MVP should be given to the best overall position player, but most of the baseball writers give it to the person with the best offensive stats on a team that happens to make the playoffs.

Unfortunately, the fact that Trout has been so consistently good his entire career, thus far, will probably end up working against him in the voting. Donaldson is a good player, but he is having a career year. Trout is a perennial MVP favorite. Do they give it to a guy who may ever have another year this good or the guy who is this good every year?