• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Some magic brewing here

fan_since79

There is no way I thought this team would still be "in it" at this point.

It's exciting, with both the Cubs and Angels still having a chance to be in the WS in the last week of the season, and playing good baseball.

Of course, being a Cubs and Angels fan, I'm still waiting apprehensively for the heartbreak and disaster part to manifest.

But it's still fun, and there is still hope, and it's the end of September.

Been a hell of a baseball season.

Since the 60's (spent part of every summer in Chicago, walking distance to Wrigley)... and the Angels as well, since the 60's. (went to the big A in it's second week)

Been some major heartbreak to deal with in my baseball past. 69, 84, 86 were all particularly rough seasons.

The only time I can remember both teams being in the post-season in the same year was 08, and they both got clobbered in the 1st round.

Edited by Homebrewer

we still need houston to lose a game. we have no breathing room and its freaking me out.

If the Rangers win the next two, and if the Astros and the Angels both go on to win all but one game, there would be a three-way tie for the division and the second wild card. Head to head records are as follows:

Astros > Angels > Rangers > Astros ...

as a result, seeding is no longer based on head to head but on best intradivision record overall, which would be Angels. There would be two tiebreaker games:

Game 1: Rangers would host the Astros. Loser of that game is out.

Game 2: Angels face the winner of game 1 on the road. Winner wins the division, loser becomes second wild card.

In theory a team might have to play three tiebreaker games (and win the first and third) just to get into the division series.

Edited by ScottLux