• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels could be dangerous in the playoffs

Second Base

If the Angels do end up completing the comeback and sneak into the playoffs, they'll be coming in hot. It's in stark contrast to last year and 2009 when the Angels coasted into the playoffs healthy and rested. There's something to be said for momentum, it's what took the Royals to the playoffs last year and played a large part in the Giants run in the last 5 years.

Yes, I'm aware we aren't in the playoffs yet, and that we'll be forced to pitch Weav and Shoe, and that our offense is inconsistent and the bullpen is seriously weak in the middle relief section. But the playoffs seem to be a bit of crapshoot as it is, and a hot team with timely hits can cover up many of its blemishes.

It should be interesting.

This team won't be very feared. The game plan will be DONT PITCH TO TROUT. Seriously, that's it... The situational hitting is awful, middle relief is inconsistent and can't be trusted, and we only have a chance to score every 3 innings when Calhoun and Trout come up. And you just know Scioscia will throw Weaver out there and then send Salas out there to clean up Weave's mess.

This team won't be very feared. The game plan will be DONT PITCH TO TROUT. Seriously, that's it... The situational hitting is awful, middle relief is inconsistent and can't be trusted, and we only have a chance to score every 3 innings when Calhoun and Trout come up. And you just know Scioscia will throw Weaver out there and then send Salas out there to clean up Weave's mess.

If Scioscia brings in Weaver to pitch in Yankee Stadium he should be fired on the spot.

While watching a game, this is the worst feeling ever.

I think you're all misunderstanding exactly what a metaphorical crapshoot is.  The playoffs, aren't predictable.  Wild Card teams win all the time for some reason.  98 win teams get swept in the first round.  

I hate to be that guy, but a crapshoot isn't a metaphor: it's an analogy (a very overused one).

All it would take is for Tanaka to have an off night.

Have the Angels ever faced Tanaka? I think they'll be fine.

This team actually fares better against top pitchers: Greinke, Kershaw, Felix Hernandez, Keuchell, yada yada

Good.  But not THAT good.  I hope the bold italics clears it up.  

I know. I'm only messing with you. I like to give you a hard time, Scotty. 

I don't always agree with your arguments, but I like how each post you make is thoughtful and thorough.

Edited by failos