• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WGN Chicago uses Nazi image in story about Yom Kippur

nate

the lack of knowledge in our news stations these days is a terrible thing. whoever does the research for graphics and pictures needs better oversight, but so does the moron who gives the final approval for so many of these things that find their way onto the air.

stuff like this just shouldn't happen.

Meh, I'm not a holocaust survivor but I can't work up the outrage about this. Just a stupid mistake. There are real problems to worry about.

Meh, would you be offended if it WAS personal?  These were/are very real problems to the Jewish people, but go ahead and stay comfy behind your keyboard with such insightful comments.

It was just a stupid mistake.  But, one that shouldn't happen with ANY double-checking in the google age.  Do you think Islamic terrorists would be so forgiving?  Or, if this station would've gone ahead with an Islamic image they weren't 100% sure of?  Nope.

Meh, would you be offended if it WAS personal?  These were/are very real problems to the Jewish people, but go ahead and stay comfy behind your keyboard with such insightful comments.

It was just a stupid mistake.  But, one that shouldn't happen with ANY double-checking in the google age.  Do you think Islamic terrorists would be so forgiving?  Or, if this station would've gone ahead with an Islamic image they weren't 100% sure of?  Nope.

I don't know how I would react if it was personal. I am Jewish so it's probably more personal to me that to most on this board. People stupidly putting up Nazi images on a news cast is really low on the list of real problems facing Jews in America and through out the world. Anti-semitism is real and something I have had to deal with it. But this isn't it. It isn't close. It was a stupid mistake and they shouldn't make it again. But it's important to not over react to stuff like this or people stop listening when actual bad things are happening.

Do I think Islamic terrorists would be as forgiving? No. But do you think we should start acting like Islamic terrorists? I certainly never want to look to them when it comes to how I should react to being offended over religion. There are tons of offensive things to Muslims that are on TV every single day. Heck both Republican front runners spent the last week basically trying to out offend Muslims.

So was this an actual case of some a**hole playing a sick joke, or just an idiot that google imaged something and didnt know what it meant? Couldnt tell from the story.

Like brandon said, sadly, an increasingly growing percentage of our society couldnt tell the difference. Its sad how much more the movie idiocrocy becomes prelude...