• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout: Second Angel to hit 40+ HR in a season

Angelsjunky

That's actually a very sad stat. How didn't anyone else do it in the Steroid era (other than Glaus)?

Mike Trout has the second highest career WAR of any Angel player (37.3), only behind Jim Fregosi (42.6)

Kind of pathetic. Though vlad and Reggie had 39

Vlad and Reggie accumulated a large percentage of those on teams other than the Angels. The stat I cited was for WAR accumulated while playing for the Angels. 

Pretty cool achievement. 

I can't remember the last player to have hit 40 HR's with only 87 RBI's.  That pretty much underscores how awful the hitters in front of him are.

Not to mention he is batting near .350 with runners in scoring position. He may end up joining this list.

http://research.sabr.org/journals/harvest-seasons-most-runs-batted-in

Pretty cool achievement. 

I can't remember the last player to have hit 40 HR's with only 87 RBI's.  That pretty much underscores how awful the hitters in front of him are.

No player has ever finished a year hitting 40+ HR and less than 90 RBI, but about ten have done it with less than 100 RBI. Trout will probably join that group.