• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you all feel its SWEEP or bust ?

wpghalo

Or do you think if we grab two outta 3 wins... Were still in it.

IMO it's sweep or nothing. Winning two of three only gains us one game, and we're three games closer to the end of the season. The Angels only have ten games left after the Houston series - three at home against Seattle, three at home against Oakland and four on the road at Texas. Six of the remaining ten games are against teams out of contention and who have nothing to lose. The Texas series won't mean anything to the Rangers by that point unless they totally collapse in the last two weeks of the season.

Minnesota in the meantime has 3 at home vs Cleveland, 3 at Detroit, 4 at Cleveland, and 3 at home vs KC.

Although if Cleveland cleans up on Minnesota they are likely right there too, if the Halos and Astros can't break away.

Cleveland's other 6 games include 3 at KC and 3 at home vs Boston.

They also have a makeup game, against who I am not sure.

Edited by Angel Oracle

i can respect the "chip and a chair" attitude, but i've all but checked out. i don't see this team doing anything of any interest, even on the outside chance they did make the playoffs. to me, they're rudderless.

Basically ever since the all star break I've maintained I won't let myself get buttercupped unless the Angels sweep a series against the Astros and/or Rangers. I basically cheated and built my hopes up prematurely (by one goddamn pitch) during the 9th inning of a recent day game against the Astros. Huston Street messed me around big time that day :(

Edited by ScottLux

Looking at the pitching matchups before the series started, it was really hard to find a single game where the Angels weren't at a disadvantage. And the SP is the supposed strength of this team...

Some guy yesterday saw my Angels hat and said, we're going to the playoffs, right? My answer was no, we don't have the pitching. He had this befudled look on his face as if he was still living the July dream and I just woke him up.

We have Heaney and Richards, a two man rotation. After that we have thee guys that can't get out of the fourth inning. The Angels are not stringing together series wins to sneak into the playoffs.

Edited by notti

Some guy yesterday saw my Angels hat and said, we're going to the playoffs, right? My answer was no, we don't have the pitching. He had this befudled look on his face as if he was still living the July dream and I just woke him up.

We have Heaney and Richards, a two man rotation. After that we have thee guys that can't get out of the fourth inning. The Angels are not stringing together series wins to sneak into the playoffs.

We don't have the hitting, either. We have lost a lot of close games that could have gone our way with a bit of Trout not striking out looking, and a bit less of Victorino and DeJesus appearing in games.

We don't have the hitting, either. We have lost a lot of close games that could have gone our way with a bit of Trout not striking out looking, and a bit less of Victorino and DeJesus appearing in games.

It starts and ends with the pitching or lack thereof.    The KC Royals had an OPS+  of 92 last year, their pitching staff an ERA+ of 113.    The AL West leading Texas Rangers currently have an OPS+ of 97. 

If this team could pitch it would still have a chance, but you can only do so much when you pair a bad offense (96 OPS+)  with an even worse pitching staff (95 ERA+) -- which is exactly what we have...   The self inflicted wound that is LF has hurt the Angels but nowhere near as much as the rotation has.