• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wow

Waybackman

It's sad how flat this team looks. They are incapable of building momentum. You would think this was some random game in June rather than a crucial game with playoff implications. Typical Scioscia team, no sense of urgency.

Did you watch the previous three games? Coming back from an early five run deficit, sweeping a double header on the road. Today they flopped but they took three of four from a wild card contender.

Did you watch the previous three games? Coming back from an early five run deficit, sweeping a double header on the road. Today they flopped but they took three of four from a wild card contender.

The importance of this game was to rest the bullpen. Mission accomplished.

Edited by ispy45

Let's be real waybackman, if it weren't for us struggling you would never post on here. You're only here during the bad times. Chuck appreciates it though.

That's a contradiction. Since they are almost always struggling, I must be on here a lot.

I'll see you next time we lose or are trailing in a game.

It's sad how flat this team looks. They are incapable of building momentum. You would think this was some random game in June rather than a crucial game with playoff implications. Typical Scioscia team, no sense of urgency.

All games count. Including games in April, May and June. Not grasping that is one of Sciosica's main failings. His plan of having far less intensive training during Spring, so that players are less worn out later, but instead and using games in April to figure things out may have worked when there was no competition in the AL West. But arriving at the playoffs less worn out doesn't work if you don't get in.

Edited by ScottLux

Yeah... we don't have the luxury of cruising along winning series. We need to win every game. Resting the bullpen when you're 4 games out of the division lead with 15 (or something) games to go is definitely not your game plan, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

2-1 against Texas, 2-1 against Houston, 3-4 against Minnesota.

The team is playing hard in efforts to make the playoffs.  It maybe too little too late, but no one can say they aren't making every effort to win and get in the playoffs.

(side note, we had a chance to sweep in everyone of those series.  Kind of sucks we lost the last game in each one.)

Let's be real waybackman, if it weren't for us struggling you would never post on here. You're only here during the bad times. Chuck appreciates it though.

Scott, you're correct. As long as people are not violating our Code of Conduct, they can come on here every time the team sucks and vent. 

Some people, mostly pessimists, only like to chime in when there's something negative to talk about, or to just vent. Some just lurk when things are good, vent when things are bad. I'm fine with that as long as they're not throwing personal attacks at members. 

This isn't AngelsHallmarkMoments.com, it's a baseball message board and community of different personalities. 

2-1 against Texas, 2-1 against Houston, 3-4 against Minnesota.

The team is playing hard in efforts to make the playoffs. It maybe too little too late, but no one can say they aren't making every effort to win and get in the playoffs.

Well said. This team is fighting for the playoffs. That is all the fans can ask for at this point.

Edited by VariousCrap

Scott, you're correct. As long as people are not violating our Code of Conduct, they can come on here every time the team sucks and vent. 

Some people, mostly pessimists, only like to chime in when there's something negative to talk about, or to just vent. Some just lurk when things are good, vent when things are bad. I'm fine with that as long as they're not throwing personal attacks at members. 

This isn't AngelsHallmarkMoments.com, it's a baseball message board and community of different personalities. 

Thanks Chuck. I do tend to be pessimistic, even cynical. But as they say "scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed optimist." Anyhow, I love the Angels and will always root for them. This has been a difficult season. The whole organization seems to have become unglued. I hope next year sees a new, good, GM and maybe the retirement of Pujols and Scioscia. One can dream can't they?

Thanks Chuck. I do tend to be pessimistic, even cynical. But as they say "scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed optimist." Anyhow, I love the Angels and will always root for them. This has been a difficult season. The whole organization seems to have become unglued. I hope next year sees a new, good, GM and maybe the retirement of Pujols and Scioscia. One can dream can't they?

I figured as much! 

Kudos to you for speaking your mind. That's why I created this website/forum in the first place. 

I love my mods, but we don't always see eye to eye... What I do appreciate about them is that they stick up for the team, the website and like to play devils advocate for discussion. That is 100% welcomed here. 

All of that is totally cool Chuck, and the devils advocate can lead to very constructive discussions.

The only thing that turns me off on a message board, is when someone starts trashing and name calling other posters instead of simply disagreeing with them.  

The message board is about the Halos, and not the posters.   When someone starts trashing/name calling other posters, it changes from being about the Halos to being about the posters.

Edited by Angel Oracle

All of that is totally cool Chuck, and the devils advocate can lead to very constructive discussions.

The only thing that turns me off on a message board, is when someone starts trashing and name calling other posters instead of simply disagreeing with them.  

The message board is about the Halos, and not the posters.   When someone starts trashing/name calling other posters, it changes from being about the Halos to being about the posters.

Though I've been guilty of the above, I agree. But also, some people do ask for it when they come to the table without all the facts, or if they're just straight trolling or on one side all the time. I don't have a problem with those on the other side of the opinion giving them their two cents without making it personal. 

It goes both ways.