• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

9/11 Liar

"Actually, he had been working in Midtown that day, and not for Merrill Lynch, which has no record of his employment and had no offices in either tower."

Man he is a terrible liar. At least get some of the parameters of the lie setup before you blurt out that kind of nonsense.

I get that he lied for the attention but I don't understand why people lie about situations like 9/11.  I mean how effed in the head or hard up for attention do you have to be to think that's a good idea?  Saying he worked for a major company in one of the towers can easily be refuted if people dig into it so making up a lie like that is just asking for trouble.    

"Actually, he had been working in Midtown that day, and not for Merrill Lynch, which has no record of his employment and had no offices in either tower."

Man he is a terrible liar. At least get some of the parameters of the lie setup before you blurt out that kind of nonsense.

If I were going to lie about it, I would have at least checked to see what businesses had offices there.

Just watched a doc about this subject called 9/11 Faker. It is about a girl that lied about being in one of the towers and making a career out of it for a few years until she was eventually found out by a newspaper. She was hanging out with the Mayor and Governor of New York before she got caught. Alarming to see how far people will go for sympathy and attention.

Edited by Ray McKigney

Just watched a doc about this subject called 9/11 Faker. It is about a girl that lied about being in one of the towers and making a career out of it for a few years until she was eventually found out by a newspaper. She was hanging out with the Mayor and Governor of New York before she got caught. Alarming to see how far people will go for sympathy and attention.

A little different scenario, but I've wondered before about how many people that were in the towers took advantage of the situation by faking their death. Like someone trapped in a bad marriage or someone with lots of gambling debts, etc... I doubt it was many people, if any at all, but I could totally see someone getting out of one of the towers safely, recognizing the situation, then bolting.

That's a pretty deplorable lie; right up there with the "stolen valor" thing.  It's all about attention.  Everybody just wants to tell their story about how much they were affected.

He's getting spanked right now, and may even lose some work because of it (though, understanding Hollywood as I do it might even UP his value!).

He's a very funny guy, and I will continue to enjoy watching him on "The League."

That's a pretty deplorable lie; right up there with the "stolen valor" thing. It's all about attention. Everybody just wants to tell their story about how much they were affected.

He's getting spanked right now, and may even lose some work because of it (though, understanding Hollywood as I do it might even UP his value!).

Apparently you don't understand Hollywood as well as you think you do.

A little different scenario, but I've wondered before about how many people that were in the towers took advantage of the situation by faking their death. Like someone trapped in a bad marriage or someone with lots of gambling debts, etc... I doubt it was many people, if any at all, but I could totally see someone getting out of one of the towers safely, recognizing the situation, then bolting.

I guess a lot of people look at situations in this manner. I was bummed when the embezzler who hiked the Appalachian Trail for years got caught. Partly because  he lost a great life and partly because I lost one of my hideouts if I ever have to go on the lamb. 

• 7 years later...