• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Irving Texas is a silly place

Seriously though, this is a good lesson in common sense for this kid. If you are brown, and your name is Mohammed, you probably shouldn't bring things that look like home-made bombs to school.

It does raise a good question. I would first think if you are brown and named Mohammed, dad would say what are you taking to school there son. There is a history of the Islamic community and the mayor in Irving, they don't get along. I like good conspiracies and think there may be more to this story than it appears. At 14 I knew exactly what project or what my kids were wearing before taking off to a Texas school. 

Now the kid is being whisked off to probably a full ride at MIT.  I have an old computer I can bust open and a soldering iron in the garage. I will tell my kid to play music on your phone and say it is a radio. 

You may have read about dialectic debating...but that doesn't mean you actually know how to do it or practice it. 

No, not necessarily. I don't really care about my skills. I'm pointing out that people here have a double standard. I'm only pointing THAT out so that we can skip the tricks and discuss issues, which is fun for me sometimes. 

Edited by Juan Savage

yeah basically the kid took a harmless digital clock and turned it into something that looks like a bomb.

Didn't invent anything, just took something apart.

No science involved, libs.

The kid is kind of a nut.

Just the type that Obama should invite to the White House.

Wasn't trying to be PC. I'll be honest I haven't read through any of the above stuff. From what I can briefly gather it seems that he didn't really do anything other then tear down a clock and put it back together in a stupid pencil box. It looked like a movie bomb prop. If he did it intentionally, shame on him. I have not seen any legitimate news that that is the case. So, I'll stick with my original position that he should not have been arrested. I also don't think it's really that big of a reach to suspect that his background played a part in the over reaction. I do not think that there's any problem with the teachers/faculty of the school being cautious with a suspicious contraption they did not understand. The world is what it is. It would have been nice tho if the situation was handled a lot better.

Juan, you see absolutely nothing wrong with them taking the kid down to the station?

A simple yes or no is what I'm looking for.

I don't really know the situation enough to comment. I do know that we're in the era or school over-reaction. There are kids who have been expelled for bringing toy guns or even guns made of bitten cookies. 

On the other hand, these kind of hoaxes are win-wins for the perpetrators. I include all of the rape and racism hoaxes recently. If people who want to believe them (liberals) believe them, they're celebrities and if they find out it was a hoax, NOTHING happens to them. Certainly, the liberals won't hate them. They'll congratulate them on a good try. 

The liberal broad brush is silly Juan. Who are these "liberals" who congratulate people who tell malicious lies? If these people are out there they sound more like run of the mill a$$holes. I'm not sure what that has to do with political outlook.

The mattress girl. The Rolling Stone rape hoax. Duke Lacross team. What happens to the people who lied? Nothing. Where is the condemnation of them? 

The uncle has a company called twin towers transportation. This seemed incredible to me, so I read about it some more and apparently the offices are out of some building that has actually been called the twin towers for some time in Texas. So, even if there's no actual malice or trolling going on. These folks are starting to look really f***ing stupid to me.

The last sentence is awesome

Since 2001, several thousand Americans have been murdered or killed by Muslims, who justify their actions by citing the jihad commandments in the religion’s Koran book.

I don't really know the situation enough to comment. I do know that we're in the era or school over-reaction. There are kids who have been expelled for bringing toy guns or even guns made of bitten cookies. 

On the other hand, these kind of hoaxes are win-wins for the perpetrators. I include all of the rape and racism hoaxes recently. If people who want to believe them (liberals) believe them, they're celebrities and if they find out it was a hoax, NOTHING happens to them. Certainly, the liberals won't hate them. They'll congratulate them on a good try. 

I guess we have different interpretations of "a simple yes or no."  You claim to not know the situation well enough to comment, and then you go ahead and comment on it.  Talk about passive-aggressive.  Own your opinions, no matter how dumb or overblown they are.