• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Australian sportswriter liveblogs 49er's game

red321

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/live/2015/sep/15/jarryd-hayne-san-francisco-49ers-debut-against-minnesota-vikings#block-55f79179e4b0dd400d532de1

Some funny stuff

Righto – what’s doing, Monday Night Football game. Another break? Fair few breaks. Not exactly the Helsinki marathon in terms of aerobic exercise. But my it’s fast and physical.

Righto. Where are we? Having another break. Is it half-time yet? Do they need it? No one’s sweating. OK. Niners kick off ... and the ball sails over the endzone and into the ether. And the Vikings have the ball. And ... there’s another break. Top stuff.

Carlos Hyde again. Can run, Carlos Hyde. He notches another five yards. Hasn’t been a break for a while. Surely we’re due. Kaepernick, sneaks ... no yards. The Niners are third and five .... 12 yards out from the honeypot. Oh, there we go. Timeout. Someone wants to explain the 8,000 moves in the play book again.

Hilarious!

First and 10 again ... and boom! Again - the 49ers are owning this opening stanza with a 15-yard gain from a throw down the guts. They’re only 20 out. And they’re over the gain-line again. Flag! There’s a flag! Holding, offence ... 10 yard penalty, so all that good stuff they did, they lose 10 yards. Naughty offenders. Offensive men.

Updated

at 3.34am BST

15h ago

22:26

Well - roll on here, the 49ers. Easily over the ten yards they have to get with each hut-hut action. They go again, they’re 35 yards from the end zone. Boom! Quarterback pulls the trigger but it’s incomplete (ball was dropped) but there’s a flag and naughty defender cops a five-yard penalty for his team.

Live blogging soccer would go like this.

They kick the ball out of bounds but the clock is still running, I wonder how much time is left?

They kick the ball twenty feet right of the goal, no time stoppage, I wonder how much time is left?

They kick the ball out of bounds but the clock is still running, I wonder how much time is left?

They kick the ball twenty feet right of the goal, no time stoppage, I wonder how much time is left?

They kick the ball twenty feet over the goal, no time stoppage, I wonder how much time is left?

They kick the ball twenty feet left of the goal, no time stoppage, I wonder how much time is left?

A player falls down in the middle of the field grabbing his ankle, the referees try and figure out if anyone was within 10 feet of him to call a foul. The clock is still ticking and it is after the match was supposed to end so is it over or do they just keep kicking the ball out of bounds until everyone is too tired and goes home?

**** this.

that's an hilarious live blog.

Interesting to see the take of someone who doesn't follow the sport. I have watched Australian football, and it's pretty much non stop action between the halves. Scoring and advancing are actually done by kicking the ball, as opposed to our football, when the only kicks are kickoffs, punts and placekicks.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Three day cricket matches (tests) are meant to be long and drawn out.  NFL games are marketed as action packed extravaganzas but really, a great majority of the games are as uneventful and boring as the Aussie writer makes them out to be.  Unless you get wood watching (and hearing) loud beer and truck commercials, then live football on TV without a remote is death by 1000 penalty flags, time outs, commercial breaks, whistles, over-analysis, replays, promos...and half-time.