• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTradeRumors: 2016 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings

VariousCrap

As far as Catcher goes.  Do we already have our catcher for next year?  

While his hitting isn't anything special.  Carlos Perez has a caught stealing percentage of .375.  If he qualified that would rank him fourth in the MLB.  He has a CERA (yeah I know stupid stat, but really what other stat can you use) 3.92.  If he qualified that would rank him 11th in the MLB.  He is under club control for 5 more years and is only 24, so you could say with more experience he could get better.  F'n Dipoto.

If the Royals decline his option, I'd go after Alex Gordon. HUGE upgrade defensively in left, and adds a pretty good bat to lead off. Instead of one really big signing like Heyward, Upton, Price, Davis, or even Cespedes now, get a Gordon type of player with a Darren O'Day and/or a Juan Uribe type of role player.

I like Gordon and would take him, but not if he costs a first round pick.  If it doesn't cost a first round pick, you sign Gordon and then spend your money on Price or Cueto.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Alex Gordon has a player option for 2016, so if he doesn't do that, the team can't offer him anything, so he wouldn't cost a draft pick.  NOTE:  I could be wrong, but that is what I have found so far.

Gordon would be like getting an older Calhoun.  Two Calhoun's on the team would be great IMO.  His only downfall is he is 32.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Alex Gordon has a player option for 2016, so if he doesn't do that, the team can't offer him anything, so he wouldn't cost a draft pick.  NOTE:  I could be wrong, but that is what I have found so far.

Gordon would be like getting an older Calhoun.  Two Calhoun's on the team would be great IMO.  His only downfall is he is 32.

Even if Gordon opts out.  I'm sure KC will give him a qualifying offer.  $12.5 player option to around $16 million or a draft pick isn't a reach for KC.  

So count on whoever signs him to lose their first.  But with the way KC is playing, Gordon will probably just use it as a negotiating tool to get a 5 year deal from KC.  

I'd be ecstatic if the Halos signed O'Day.

But will the O's offer the QO?   If so and he refuses it, would he cost the Halos their first round pick?

I remember reading an article a few years ago about Scioscia not appreciating the submarine style pitcher. The next season O'Day went to Texas, or somewhere.  

Even if Gordon opts out.  I'm sure KC will give him a qualifying offer.  $12.5 player option to around $16 million or a draft pick isn't a reach for KC.  

So count on whoever signs him to lose their first.  But with the way KC is playing, Gordon will probably just use it as a negotiating tool to get a 5 year deal from KC.  

Thanks for the info.  He isn't worth losing a draft pick for.

Of Cespedes, Upton and Heyward would signing them lost a draft pick?

come to think of it.  There is something strange regarding the Cespedes wording on Cot's.  

Cespedes was traded midseason.  Which by qualifying and compensation terms would mean that he would not be eligible for either qualifying offer or for lost compensation.

The thing that worries me is this on Cot's.

• Cespedes and NY Mets agreed to drop clause requiring release 9/15

And the clause is this.

• free agent after 2015 season (club must release Cespedes and may not make him a one-year qualifying offer in order to receive draft-pick compensation if he signs elsewhere)

The part in () isn't relevant since he was traded midseason.  

So now we got this twist.  Cespedes has after this season 4 years of MLB service.  So if they waive the release clause, do they waive the free agent clause?  Because the release clause just doesn't make any sense since he was traded midseason.  

I'm probably wrong and somewhere in the contract, he will be a FA after this season.  But just going off Cot's, still some questions.  

I like Gordon, but I am pretty strongly against signing defensive oriented corner outfielders already into their 30's.