• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/14 vs. Mariners

Ray McKigney

Ya I was so happy when Rasmus came back. And he has been shit. What the hell did they do to him?

He turned back into a pumpkin like most of the team this year. How many key contributors from last season turn to complete shit this season?

Richards - from cy young contender mid 2 ERA to 4+ ERA

Weaver - 82 mph fastball

Matt Shoemaker

Mike Morin

Rasmus

Iannetta

Cron(he's starting to hit better but too little too late)

Salas

Joe Smith

Add in that role players who contributed last year were completely useless this season. Grant Green, Colin Cowgill, etc

Is it better to tank now and be disappointed, or hang in there and then be crushed at the very end of the season?

Totally collapse now or be eliminated by Texas on the final weekend?

I have this vision of Texas winning the AL West with Hamilton getting a big hit against the Angels.  I hope I'm wrong.

Haha

Laugh all you want but I like Butcher and give him a lot of credit for a lot of success these guys are having/had. Shoe. Rasmus. Richards. Heaney. A lot of guys have come up and turned it around on his watch. But that means I blame him too. Especially when Rasmus was doing so well as a 7th inning type then they turned him into a starter of sorts and stretched him out in spring training until he got hurt.

Edited by OregonLAA

The notion that they "did something to him" is silly. You have to look no further than our own bullpen and the bullpen of just about every team in baseball to know that they are the least predictable part of any team from year to year. Also it isn't unheard of to try and take a relief pitcher and convert them to a starter.

He turned back into a pumpkin like most of the team this year. How many key contributors from last season turn to complete shit this season?

Richards - from cy young contender mid 2 ERA to 4+ ERA

Weaver - 82 mph fastball

Matt Shoemaker

Mike Morin

Rasmus

Iannetta

Cron(he's starting to hit better but too little too late)

Salas

Joe Smith

Notice that 7 of the 9 listed here, are PITCHERS.

Butchy is doin' a hell of a job.

That's cause he is the hardest working guy in baseball.

Or was that Hatcher?

I think you're thinking of Don Baylor. Baylor won an MVP in an Angels uniform therefore he is a good hitting coach.