• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Officially Official 2015 Denver Broncos

Spirit

Forget about Manning for awhile. Let's talk about John Elway as a football exec.

-Had the balls to dump Tebow and then Fox when they were clearly not going to get the job done

-Managed to bring a championship with a coaching staff of his former teammates (including getting a Kubiak/Manning pairing to work) and the DC who might have been the worst head coach in Broncos history

-His first picks in the drafts since he took over have been Miller, Wolfe, Sylvester Williams, Bradley Roby, Shane Ray. Also pulled Malik Jackson and Travathon in later rounds and got Harris, Jr and Shaq Barrett as UDFAs. FA signing of Ward, Talib, Ware all Pro Bowl caliber. All contributors on the best defense in football

-in short, he's erased the stink of the Shanahan power grab that was the first 6 years of this century and the gawdawful McDanielsization of the Mile High City that followed.

Was the writer wrong?  Let's see ...

"I’ve never liked Peyton Manning. Back in 1997, Charles Woodson beat him out for the Heisman and I was so happy that I drunkenly threw a chair across the room (it made sense at the time)."

No.  I think the writer was correct.  He's never liked Peyton Manning.  

So I heard a story about Elway at the end of his career he was offered 10% stake in the Broncos for $15 million and another 10% if he would forgo his final years salary of $21 million, the only caveat is the owner wanted him to take a front office position after he retired. Elway said no to buying any of the team, mainly because he wasn't sure he wanted to work in the front office. Well he ended up doing just that and he's damn good at it. The 20% of the Broncos he didn't buy for $36 million is now worth over $380 million. Oops.

So I heard a story about Elway at the end of his career he was offered 10% stake in the Broncos for $15 million and another 10% if he would forgo his final years salary of $21 million, the only caveat is the owner wanted him to take a front office position after he retired. Elway said no to buying any of the team, mainly because he wasn't sure he wanted to work in the front office. Well he ended up doing just that and he's damn good at it. The 20% of the Broncos he didn't buy for $36 million is now worth over $380 million. Oops.

He's got plenty of money. He bought all of the Auto Nation dealerships in Denver.

Maybe he didn't want it at the time because he knew Janet (his ex-wife) was gonna get half.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

At his best Clady was one of the top LT's in the game early in his career but major injuries and lack of production when he got back on the field changed all of that.  They signed Okung who is in a similar situation - used to be a top LT and coming off an injury but his deal is for 5M guaranteed this year and up to 8M with incentives while they have a 4 year team option beyond that.  Moving Clady frees up money they needed not just in case they trade for or sign a QB but for the rookies they'll have to sign.