• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Officially Official 2015 Denver Broncos

Spirit

Apparently Peyton has a broken rib and a shoulder injury to go with the planar fascia tear. He's done.

Wonder if he goes the front office route or TV.

If he is done, I will really miss watching him play QB.  He is the reason I became a NFL fan, I had no interest before him.

Edited by nate

As football fans, we were very fortunate to have been able to have watched him play. An amazing QB, a really good human and a great representative of the sport. The KC game was a horrible way to end such a great career.

I hope he goes to the booth or pre/post game show desk. He's good in front of the camera.

It was definitely a pleasure getting to watch Manning play and I wish he got one more win so he could have passed Favre already.  That said as a Bronco fan I hope he isn't pushing to come back because even if he heals up Osweiler looks to be a better option.  I'm not trying to read too much into one game because I expect growing pains and who knows if Osweiler is the long term answer but his mobility and arm strength are simply things Manning can't match at this point in his career.  Osweiler kept plays going that would have ended much quicker as Manning would have just fallen over when pressured.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brock Osweiler has proven one thing to me...he's a great backup quarterback. He's exactly the type of player that you want...as your back-up. He's held his own, but I question whether he has what it takes for a whole season, not to mention the playoffs.

I'd love to see Peyton come back healthy for the playoffs and next year. Osweiler is decent, but he doesn't seem to have "it". Maybe he can be a Joe Flacco type and be good enough to take a very good team all the way. And of course if Eli Manning can win not one but two Super Bowls, I don't see why Osweiler couldn't win one. Not to mention the many mediocre QBs that have won Super Bowls in years past (Trent Dilfer, anyone?). But in the era of Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck, it would be nice for the Broncos to have someone a bit more exciting.

Of course it could be worse - Osweiler isn't that bad. But he'll never be more than an average QB, imo.

Edited by Angelsjunky

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...