• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Screw these negative topics. I am all in the Angels. We are sweeping Houston.

ispy45

That was perhaps an exaggeration, but it was clear that the franchise was in a bit of a no mans land in 2010, especially after our best offensive play (Morales) was out for the season. We would have been wise to move a few players for prospects rather than doing the exact opposite by trading Skaggs, Corbin, and Saunders for Dan Haren.

That infusion of talent, plus results from higher draft picks would have led to the team being in very good shape as soon as 2013 (our current core would be surrounded by far more talent now). I actually said this at the time as well and received the same response. Need to try to stay competitive constantly to keep the fanbase up. Problem is they rigged the rules of the draft to make it nearly impossible to have a dynasty anymore. The best a team can do is to alternate between being competive and horrible every other year like the Red Sox and, to a lesser extent, the Giants.

Hindsight. Also, you have no idea how "that infusion of talent" would have done here. How much did the infusion of talent we sent to Arizona help them?

You also state that "... would have led to the team being in very good shape as soon as 2013 ". We are competitive, by the way. We had the best record in MLB in 2014 and we are only 3 games out of a playoff spot now.

Finally, you can't just add those players to the current core of players because that core would undoubtedly be different.

Edited by Lou

Hindsight. Also, you have no idea how "that infusion of talent" would have done here. How much did the infusion of talent we sent to Arizona help them?

You also state that "... would have led to the team being in very good shape as soon as 2013 ". We are competitive, by the way. We had the best record in MLB in 2014 and we are only 3 games out of a playoff spot now.

Finally, you can't just add those players to the current core of players because that core would undoubtedly be different.

How would the core be different? Our current crop of players were drafted in '09 and '10, combine that with a healthy dose of Stoneman style player-hoarding and we very likely still have Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Skaggs, etc. on hand.

How would the core be different? Our current crop of players were drafted in '09 and '10, combine that with a healthy dose of Stoneman style player-hoarding and we very likely still have Trout, Calhoun, Richards, Skaggs, etc. on hand.

You have no idea who would still be here. And we wouldn't have Skaggs , remember?

You have no idea who would still be here. And we wouldn't have Skaggs , remember?

We drafted Skaggs, then traded him in the deal for Dan Haren. In my hypothetical scenario the Dan Haren trade does not happen, meaning Trumbo and Corbin and Skaggs would still be around. The team would also have a few hundred million dollars of Moreno's money to use on sensible free agents.

Ok, so the prospects we would have received would have all panned out? And which players did we give up in order to acquire these solid major leaguers? I guess we wouldn't have Santiago. We got Skaggs back in the Trumbo deal, so I don't know how that works lol

Also, Cron wouldn't be in the lineup. You also can't list Heaney since we acquired him in a trade. You see, it's not as easy as merely, stating : " add those players to the core"

Again, our lineup would still suck.

A few hundred million dollars? Again, you have no idea what moves would have been made

Two down and one to go. Can you feel it? F yeah!!!!

I swore I would not let myself get Buttercupped this season unless the Angels started sweeping series against the Astros and/or Rangers. If the Angels win tomorrow, I may start to build up my hopes a little bit.

Edited by ScottLux

Not pleasant for every Halo fan here. lol

I actaully said I'd accept a three week self-ban (effective starting the first week of the 2016 regular season) if the Angels somehow made it into the postseason.

IIRC Angel Oracle went as high as three *months* if the Angels miraculously make the playoffs, although that might have specifically been for the division lead or some other narrower condition.

Just blowing a higher draft pick imo

This team probably won't make it, and if they do they can't beat playoff teams and it will be false success that allows sciosciaball to keep hanging around and keep this franchise from truly moving forward

If Scisocia was not fired after 2012 and 2013, he wouldn't have been fired even if we'd lost 110 this year.

Edited by ScottLux