• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If we miss playoffs by one game...

Lou E Ville

Come on, you can't tell me there's not a difference between facing those two twice every year and facing whoever it is the Twins get every year (Milwaukee?)

Reverse it, the Twins get Greinke and Kershaw twice each and we get Milwaukee six times. You gonna tell me we go 1-5 against Milwaukee? Or whoever the Twins get every year.

The Angels, Dodgers, and Mets get screwed every year. Imagine getting Colorado six games every year while someone else gets the Giants.

Interleague play needs to be cleaned up now that the divisions are even.

If we miss it by one game then we can just as easily blame it on Trout's slump, Albert's second half, Scioscia using Salas and Alvarez, Weaver's "fastball", Joe Smith, Victorino and DeJesus, Joyce, Iannetta, Featherston, CJ Wilson, 2nd year Shoe, Stoneman, Dipoto quitting, or simply AO for not self banning nearly enough.

Come on, you can't tell me there's not a difference between facing those two twice every year and facing whoever it is the Twins get every year (Milwaukee?)

Reverse it, the Twins get Greinke and Kershaw twice each and we get Milwaukee six times. You gonna tell me we go 1-5 against Milwaukee? Or whoever the Twins get every year.

The Angels, Dodgers, and Mets get screwed every year. Imagine getting Colorado six games every year while someone else gets the Giants.

Interleague play needs to be cleaned up now that the divisions are even.

The Angels got Colorado four games this year and swept them. Your argument is pretty silly since the Angels have a losing record against the Padres and they stink and an even .500 vs the Diamondbacks that are just as bad.

you can thank the fact that we had to face Kershaw and Greinke twice.

Who is the Twins NL counterpart? How about the Rangers and Astros?

I have long been an advocate that the schedule should be closer to balanced, and that Interleague games should not count toward division standings, only wild card standings. That's because interleague is broken down completely differently each division by division (this year it's NL west vs AL west). 

These are the worst kind of posts.  Life isn't fair!!!!

Actually I'd argue that getting in as a second wildcard at all cheapens the postseason and isn't fair to the division winners and to the best non-division winner. So unfairness cuts both ways should the Angels miraculously sneak into the postseason that way.

Edited by ScottLux

The regular season is 162 games long.  If they don't make the playoffs you can blame it all you want on one game or one series but they had as many chances as every other team to get it done.  When the Astros moved back to the AL west in 2013 some people on here were saying the Angels would have the luxury of playing them 19 times a year.  Just goes to show you how quickly it can all change and misfortune one year can be a blessing the next when your opponents struggle.  

The regular season is 162 games long.  If they don't make the playoffs you can blame it all you want on one game or one series but they had as many chances as every other team to get it done.  When the Astros moved back to the AL west in 2013 some people on here were saying the Angels would have the luxury of playing them 19 times a year.  Just goes to show you how quickly it can all change and misfortune one year can be a blessing the next when your opponents struggle.  

11 out of the Astros' 51 wins that season were against the Angels.

The fact that Scioscia was not fired after the back to back disasters that were the 2012 and 2013 regular seasons suggests he will be managing the Angels until 2019 or until Arte sells the team, whichever is longer. 

Edited by ScottLux

11 out of the Astros' 51 wins that season were against the Angels.

The fact that Scioscia was not fired after the back to back disasters that were the 2012 and 2013 regular seasons suggests he will be managing the Angels until 2019 or until Arte sells the team, whichever is longer.

I know you think this is true but give me a break. Scioscia is to blame because we lost to the Astros 11 times one season. That would be like me saying, "because The Angels won 98 games last year Scioscia should be the manager for ever". Blame/credit.