• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels pitching is terrible

Chimi

The worst part is that Wilson's "injury" has prevented us from trading him this year it has also made it quite difficult to trade him before next season starts because many teams will want to see how he recovers let alone take on most or all of his salary. This also has a negative effect in that our rotation will be forced to start Wilson simply to help rebuild his value. The only real hope is that C.J. actually pitches well and that is always a gamble especially after surgery.

This means that Wilson, Weaver, and Richards will very likely be the front part of our rotation next season. This means that at least one of Santiago, Heaney, and Shoemaker will not start out the year and/or will be traded. Likely that will be Santiago now that Wilson has cemented his stay.

Not only did I not tout him at the time, I actually expressed my opinion that Dipoto got robbed by giving up Conger, who would be the third or fourth best hitter on our team now.

No, no he wouldn't, not even close.  Hank Conger's numbers are being propped up by Minute Maid Park.  Check his splits and then check the HR index there.   It's the HRs that make his overall line look good, and those HRs wouldn't be flying out of Angel Stadium.

Hank Conger is the same exact player he has always been -- he just plays his home games in a HR happy park now.   His "neutral park" OPS this year is .570, not that far off of what Connor Gillispie put up while on the Angels..  .594.  A far cry from being the third or fourth best hitter on the Angels this year.

Edited by Inside Pitch

That is totally true. But it starts with the right GM and trusting him to hire the right manager and minor league director with a PROPER scouting/development budget and not a PATHETIC one.

I guess this means you don't want Hal Morris or Scott Servais to be interviewed for the GM position.  I'm curious as to who you want to fill the GM position?  I'm not disagreeing with anything you said.

Edited by tomsred

Which makes what Keuchel is doing this season crazy good, and why he needs to be in the discussion not only to win the Cy Young but also to finish high up in MVP voting.

Their entire pitching staff has been amazing.  The HR indexes this year in Minute Made Park are 135/119  LHB/RHB..    For comparison, Coors Field comes in at 111/115.    Despite pitching in a park more HR happy than Coors Field the Astros have allowed the fewest HRs in the AL.

I guess this means you don't want Hal Morris or Scott Servais to be interviewed for the GM position. I'm curious as to who you want to fill the GM position? I'm not disagreeing with anything you said.

Someone not afraid to let Arte Moreno know that he can take care of deciding which players to acquire without Arte's help.

Someone who can oversee Scioscia without giving in to him.

You are NOT the GM, Arte!

Stop making player decisions yourself!

Just STOP it!

Edited by Angel Oracle

Someone not afraid to let Arte Moreno know that he can take care of deciding which players to acquire without Arte's help.

Someone who can oversee Scioscia without giving in to him.

You are NOT the GM, Arte!

Stop making player decisions yourself!

Just STOP it!

YEA CONTINUE TO DO WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING FOR THREE YEARS ARTE!!!!!! CONTINUE TO NOT SIGN PLAYERS AND CONTINUE TO ALLOW YOUR GM TO DO HIS JOB, JUST LIKE THE LAST THREE YEARS!!! JUST KEEP DOING IT!!!!

Just saw a mention that Thad Levine will be interviewed. I have to think that the Angels are hoping that if they bring him aboard it will limit the personnel turnover since Servais used to work with Thad? Not sure what their relationship was though so....

I know this is from a rival website, but here is a pretty flaming indictment of Mike Butcher..

I was going to start a new thread regarding this topic, and if it gets buried in this thread, I might still..

but, for now.. here is:

Do Pitchers Really Perform Better After Leaving Mike Butcher And The Angels?

http://www.halosheaven.com/2015/9/9/9287963/do-pitchers-really-perform-better-after-leaving-mike-butcher-and-the

I'd clear out the whole coaching staff, Scioscia, Ebel, Butcher, Baylor, Griffin, DiSar, et al.

Let the new GM pick his own manager and go from there.    Start all over.   I can handle the 1-2 years adjustment period, as long as the farm is being strengthened at the same time through higher scouting/development budget.

But yeah, what the heck did Scioscia see in Hatcher and Butcher?    Dinner buddies?

No one has hired Hatcher since he was removed as hitting coach. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I'd clear out the whole coaching staff, Scioscia, Ebel, Butcher, Baylor, Griffin, DiSar, et al.

Let the new GM pick his own manager and go from there. Start all over. I can handle the 1-2 years adjustment period, as long as the farm is being strengthened at the same time through higher scouting/development budget.

But yeah, what the heck did Scioscia see in Hatcher and Butcher? Dinner buddies?

No one has hired Hatcher since he was removed as hitting coach.

I agree

I know this is from a rival website, but here is a pretty flaming indictment of Mike Butcher..

I was going to start a new thread regarding this topic, and if it gets buried in this thread, I might still..

but, for now.. here is:

Do Pitchers Really Perform Better After Leaving Mike Butcher And The Angels?

http://www.halosheaven.com/2015/9/9/9287963/do-pitchers-really-perform-better-after-leaving-mike-butcher-and-the

There is so much statistically painful about the research done in that article...   Starting with the 30 IP sample sizes...