• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels pitching is terrible

Chimi

overall the team sucks. im still laughing at the moves we did before the trade deadline.

You won't next year when you find out nothing of substance was given away for what we got.  It was a perfect move that sacrificed this year for the long term good (it preserved the farm), and we could have gotten lucky this year if one of these guys had gotten hot.

Edited by tomsred

Next order of business: demote Justin Speier Smith to mop up work.

Before Aug 23: 2.61 ERA

Aug 23 on:  ERA close to 15.00

A perfect example of a box of chocolates relief pitcher; same with Gott, same with Ramos, same with Alverez, same with Salas, same with Bedrosian, same with Morin, same with Rasmus.  There is no reliability or consistency with any of them at the moment.  I hope Heaney has at least eight innings in him tonight, but I doubt it.

I'm starting to think the whole team isn't good

It depends on your definition of good.  For example, you can set a bar for player and team performance that is unattainable, thus the team and players will never be any "good."  If your definition of good is to get to the World Series, and everything short of it is bad, then you may never see a "good" Angels team again.  I'm just trying to point out that "good" is different for each and every one of us.

On this board being "not good" holds a lot more interest than being "good", because we fans think we know how to make the team "good", and we love to express our answers for doing so.  We think it makes them us look smart, passionate, and and more knowledgeable than other fans.  Of course if your team wins the World Series, you would look like a dope for complaining, but the chances of that happening a sufficiently small to risk it.

Edited by tomsred

Remind me again who touted him.

Not only did I not tout him at the time, I actually expressed my opinion that Dipoto got robbed by giving up Conger, who would be the third or fourth best hitter on our team now.

Perez has had more value than I expected (read: any value), so we didn't get destroyed as badly as I initially thought.

Not only did I not tout him at the time, I actually expressed my opinion that Dipoto got robbed by giving up Conger, who would be the third or fourth best hitter on our team now.

Perez has had more value than I expected (read: any value), so we didn't get destroyed as badly as I initially thought.

I would do the trade again. Perez is better defensively and they have similar bats. Trop can be a serviceable starter.

Nobody really knows what he is yet -- people punting on him are doing so prematurely.  The same would be true if he were owning people after a handful of starts.

This is very true. He's young, so it'll take time for him to develop; but I'm not expecting him to suddenly turn things around like Garrett Richards. 

Edited by failos

Singing "Yes, we have no pitchers! We have no pitchers today!"

Thank you Arte for the shape of the franchise today, we really DON'T appreciate it.

All you had to do was to not give Scioscia a 10 year deal and hire a GM to truly lead this franchise.

In best John Belushi, But NOOOOO!

You had to play GM yourself!

You forgot the part where he has to spend $150M to pay the players each year, and millions more to build a franchise front office with a baseball operations staff to support the GM.  No one GM and no one manager is going to turn things around.  It takes quite a few talented people to produce a winner.