• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carson Rally in Anaheim

I agree, although would put it more that there are different kinds of intelligence.

Anyhow, Carson said that the "adversary" put the idea in Darwin's head.

The adversary made you double post. Admit it. It's Christian dogma to believe in fallen angels (devils or demons), but it's not wise to place blame on them for a particular action, without proof. 

LOL, maybe. Or maybe I just clicked "Post" twice.

Anyhow, are you asking for proof Carson said this? How about this:

No. I believe he said it. There are levels of Creationism. To me, anti-science would be something going against proven science. Believing the earth is a few thousand years old and that dinosaurs missed the ark is anti-science. Just saying that science hasn't proven how non-living matter starts living isn't unscientific. 

My position is that God created matter and that it's pretty amazing that things live. That's not to say that that's all I know on the subject, but that's as far as I'll argue. 

No. I believe he said it. There are levels of Creationism. To me, anti-science would be something going against proven science. Believing the earth is a few thousand years old and that dinosaurs missed the ark is anti-science. Just saying that science hasn't proven how non-living matter starts living isn't unscientific. 

My position is that God created matter and that it's pretty amazing that things live. That's not to say that that's all I know on the subject, but that's as far as I'll argue. 

Interesting.  You believe there are layers to creationism and yet everything you profess to believe about liberals is an absolute.

I think we'll have to disagree on what "smartness" is.

It is one thing to recognize that evolution isn't as much fact as a strongly supported theory, quite another to believe that the devil put it in Darwin's head to deceive humanity (and buried those fake dinosaur bones while he was at it). That's just crazy talk.

you're not a person of faith from what you've said, so your response comes from what you believe, just as mine comes from what i believe. both of us are on shaky ground when it comes to looking for definitive, irrefutable, concrete evidence to support our viewpoint.

because of my belief in a divine God, i also believe that there is a devil. i believe that is part of the balance that exists throughout the earth (where there is good there is also bad, where there is heat there is also cold, etc.). because of that belief, and because of the things i believe that satan is capable of doing, i have no problem with the idea that a theory like evolution could have been suggested to darwin by satan in some form. i believe that because i think one of satan's primary purposes is to cause humans to doubt God and who He is. that's why i think there's such a great divide between science and faith. i have believed for a long time that science should confirm the existence of God, not question it. that science is used by so many as a way of doubting God's existence, i believe, can be directly attributed to the work of satan to discredit Him.

Interesting.  You believe there are layers to creationism and yet everything you profess to believe about liberals is an absolute.

Well, I've said there are layers of Democrats as well. You have rich social liberals, minorities, and union members. 

I haven't analyzed Creationism, but I know there's a division between Young Earth Creationism and others. The Big Bang makes sense to me. I know that scientists don't have a mechanism for non-living matter forming living cells. I was talking to a biology professor from Santa Clara university who was saying that viruses aren't alive or whatever and that they replicate. I don't know, but I don't think she addressed the issue. 

you're not a person of faith from what you've said, so your response comes from what you believe, just as mine comes from what i believe. both of us are on shaky ground when it comes to looking for definitive, irrefutable, concrete evidence to support our viewpoint.

because of my belief in a divine God, i also believe that there is a devil. i believe that is part of the balance that exists throughout the earth (where there is good there is also bad, where there is heat there is also cold, etc.). because of that belief, and because of the things i believe that satan is capable of doing, i have no problem with the idea that a theory like evolution could have been suggested to darwin by satan in some form. i believe that because i think one of satan's primary purposes is to cause humans to doubt God and who He is. that's why i think there's such a great divide between science and faith. i have believed for a long time that science should confirm the existence of God, not question it. that science is used by so many as a way of doubting God's existence, i believe, can be directly attributed to the work of satan to discredit Him.

One fraternal caution, Tank. There is no "balance" between good and evil. That's a philosophy called Manicheaism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism

Beings with reason make decisions and God lets them operate. 

One fraternal caution, Tank. There is no "balance" between good and evil. That's a philosophy called Manicheaism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism

Beings with reason make decisions and God lets them operate.

Interesting. First I've ever heard of it. That's not what I believe. I should have phrased it differently to say if you believe there is good then it stands to reason that you must also believe that evil exists. Does that make more sense?

And I wholeheartedly agree that humans have free choice.

This falls squarely in line with the Baha'i belief that there must be a harmony between religion and science, and if one or the other is wrong it must be corrected.

On what to believe, science takes precedence over faith when there's a direct contradiction. If science says that the earth is however many years old, I go with that. 

Interesting. First I've ever heard of it. That's not what I believe. I should have phrased it differently to say if you believe there is good then it stands to reason that you must also believe that evil exists. Does that make more sense?

And I wholeheartedly agree that humans have free choice.

Well, Tank. Evil doesn't HAVE to exist. I don't want to talk too much theology in a non-religious forum, but the angels didn't HAVE to rebel and humans didn't HAVE to fall. Evil isn't a thing in itself, it's just distance from God. 

On what to believe, science takes precedence over faith when there's a direct contradiction. If science says that the earth is however many years old, I go with that. 

The Baha'i Faith doesn't always assume that it is science that is wrong when there is a conflict. The exact statement on the matter is that whichever one is wrong needs to be corrected.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I don't know why you guys are so anti men of science. 

These men of science are not as infallible as you might think. Science is a liar sometimes:

Edited by ScottLux

The Baha'i Faith doesn't always assume that it is science that is wrong when there is a conflict. The exact statement on the matter is that whichever one is wrong needs to be corrected.

Here's what I assume: 

1. What's right in front of me is more likely real. 

2. If somebody tells me that it's not there and I had to choose, I'd go with my senses. 

This doesn't contradict what you say necessarily.