• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/5 vs. Rangers: The Return of Cowgill

Ray McKigney

Good players will perform like good players. Ignoring tell tale signs like a decrease in performance, obvious regression and clear holes in a guys swing is what did the Angels in with the acquisitions of Wells/Pujols/Hamilton. All signs pointed to those guys not being as successful here as they were on their previous team.

So no, your voodo-curse belief of all good players coming here and under performing is wrong. 

Im not claiming it has anything to do with voodoo.  But it could be the clubhouse that causes it.  

Great weather, laid back stadium atmosphere, no sense of urgency to win (especially in the clubhouse), players who dont care, lazy plays, lazy baserunning, no accountability, players getting congratulated for making mistakes when they get back to the clubhouse.  When a player comes here and sees this crap, its likely hes not going to care very much about going out there and doing his job on a daily basis.  It doesnt help that Angel Stadium is harder to hit in than a lot of other parks, so naturally production will decline just because of that.  

I dont think its just a coincidence players come here and immediately start to suck.  But youre free to believe that if you want.  

Im not claiming it has anything to do with voodoo. But it could be the clubhouse that causes it.

Great weather, laid back stadium atmosphere, no sense of urgency to win (especially in the clubhouse), players who dont care, lazy plays, lazy baserunning, no accountability, players getting congratulated for making mistakes when they get back to the clubhouse. When a player comes here and sees this crap, its likely hes not going to care very much about going out there and doing his job on a daily basis. It doesnt help that Angel Stadium is harder to hit in than a lot of other parks, so naturally production will decline just because of that.

I dont think its just a coincidence players come here and immediately start to suck. But youre free to believe that if you want.

Yea I disagree with almost all of this.

Im not claiming it has anything to do with voodoo.  But it could be the clubhouse that causes it.  

Great weather, laid back stadium atmosphere, no sense of urgency to win (especially in the clubhouse), players who dont care, lazy plays, lazy baserunning, no accountability, players getting congratulated for making mistakes when they get back to the clubhouse.  When a player comes here and sees this crap, its likely hes not going to care very much about going out there and doing his job on a daily basis.  It doesnt help that Angel Stadium is harder to hit in than a lot of other parks, so naturally production will decline just because of that.  

I dont think its just a coincidence players come here and immediately start to suck.  But youre free to believe that if you want.  

You're pretty wrong. Torii Hunter did great here, coming from playing in Minnesota. So did Mark Texeira. The three recent big FA/Trade acquisitions we've gotten for bats (Wells, Pujols, Hamilton) were all getting up their in age, riddled with injuries, down to the end of their prime, and in Wells/Hamiltons case -- had obvious flaws in their swing regardless of how good they were before.

I mean Hamilton had started to slump hard in his final few months in Texas. Pujols had his worst season in Stl ever the year before he joined the Angels. I'll agree with our stadium being harder to hit in, but as I said -- good players will still get their hits and numbers in even under unfairer conditions.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

I was referring to the point of him being the MVP, if he doesn't then that's on him. Apparently he can't have a bad month and still win the MVP

Not only did he have a bad month, but Donaldson has been on fire since the All-Star break. A sustained level of excellence.

But Donaldson has gone 0-7 the last two days, so maybe a little slump is in order.