• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2015 season

wow indeed. my niece is a nebraska alum. gonna have to say hello to her about this.

My brother-in-law is a huge Husker fan, family is from Nebraska. Wouldn't have wanted to be at my sister's house on Saturday.

Watched the New Mexico State-Florida game. Good to see the Gators finally put the ball in the air again after Will Muschamp's 1950 Wisconsin offense of the past four years.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Yeah, i think it's time for some people to drop the "but the sec east sucks" mantra when comparing the conferences.

The SEC East has been pretty bad since Urban Meyer left Florida. Georgia has been good and Missouri a nice addition, but not a whole lot there and no team has been a late-season contender for a title. Maybe sucks is too strong of a word, but I view that division as average at best and probably more like below average over the past 5 or so seasons. Also, SEC teams only play 8 in-conference with the East only playing 2 teams in the West, usually gaining an extra win against an FCS school along the way which helps them become bowl eligible. Granted, the Pac12 North does look terrible this year. The Pac 12 is odd in that the two teams that have been title contenders late in the season have been in the North, whereas the South provides all the depth.

Speaking of only playing 8 conference games. The Big ten apparently does this now? When did that start? Weird that the two conferences with the most teams play the least amount of games against each other. Not a bad strategy though as this has worked wonders in garnering extra wins for the SEC. Maybe the Pac-12 should go down to 7?

enjoyed watching ohio state tonight. Was concerned about the turnovers and the lack of joey bossa on defense, but JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, and Cardale Jones more than made up for it on offense. Things looked good tonight for a proper defense of their title this season.

The SEC East has been pretty bad since Urban Meyer left Florida.

To extend that further, the SEC East has been pretty bad since Florida hired Will Muschamp. While no coach that I know of could have continued the level of success that Urban Meyer had in Gainesville, to go from Meyer to a defensive coordinator with no head coaching experience, who was an uncontrollable hothead, and who saw offense as a way to rest his defense, quickly undid everything that Meyer had built after the catastrophe that was Ron Zook.

To everyone who dubs Jeremy Foley as the "Best athletic director in America", I point out that he got lucky with Billy Donovan (who stayed for almost 20 years), and he hired the two worst football coaches in the history of the University of Florida. By his own admission, he was prepared to keep Muschamp for another season had Florida beaten South Carolina - which with 90 seconds left in the game, looked to be virtually certain. It seemed that the Gators under Muschamp were constantly setting negative records - most yardage surrendered in a game, first losing season in 35 years, first home loss to Vanderbilt since 1945, consecutive Homecoming losses for the first time since the early 1940s, first loss to an FCS team, three losses to teams who had less than 120 yards of total offense...the hits just kept on coming. Yet Florida's AD was prepared to totally obliterate the football program to prevent having to admit being wrong on the Muschamp hire. That is not what the "Best AD in America" does.

Speaking of only playing 8 conference games. The Big ten apparently does this now? When did that start? Weird that the two conferences with the most teams play the least amount of games against each other. Not a bad strategy though as this has worked wonders in garnering extra wins for the SEC. Maybe the Pac-12 should go down to 7?

Right, because the PAC 12 rolled over their non-conference opponents last Saturday

Have an aunt from Nebraska and right before the short pass on thr 2nd to the last play i texted him that BYU was going to win. His response :

" ya right. The Huskers have won 29 straight openers. Make that 30 now !"

Way to use the proper pronouns for your transgender aunt IE, very progressive of you.  

They were pretty much all bad performances outside of Cal and and USC, which could be the conference champ game matchup.

Look, I'd love this to be the case more than anybody here, but you're clearly insane. Our defense hasn't improved enough to make that happen. I'm nervous that we'll get smacked by Texas. The Football Bear in me thinks SDSU can beat us.

Look, I'd love this to be the case more than anybody here, but you're clearly insane. Our defense hasn't improved enough to make that happen. I'm nervous that we'll get smacked by Texas. The Football Bear in me thinks SDSU can beat us.

I think you guys can beat texas. They were awful at nd.