• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Mike Scioscia says he doesn't plan to influence Angels' GM search

AngelsWin.com

Here's the thing. Taking into account his clubhouse presence being solid, is Scioscia's game day strategy still pertinent in 2015?

Two years ago Ned Yost was viewed as a joke of a manager outside of KC. I'm sure RoyalOracle was screaming for his ouster back then. Those screams are no longer pertinent.

What comments? Good freaking gawd. he was asked a question and he answered it. He said exactly the right thing. "I wont have any say but I hope we are on the same page"

Logic does not exist when the team isn't playing well.

Translation.........

Sosh......I don't give a hoot who they hire as long as that person lets me run the show.

Ned Yost also has experienced players who play KC baseball (hit to the gaps and not strike out much, are athletic enough, defend well, and pitch well).

Having all of those attributes makes it easier, and granted the same would be said for Scioscia if the Halos players had the same attributes as the 2002-2009 teams. 

What comments? Good freaking gawd. he was asked a question and he answered it. He said exactly the right thing. "I wont have any say but I hope we are on the same page"

Not exactly. From the article:

“We’ve talked baseball for a long time, so I don’t think there’s any questions from John or Arte about what our baseball philosophy is and what we need to do to keep moving forward,” Scioscia said. “And obviously if any potential GM wants to have those conversations with me, obviously I’d love that, just to make sure that they’re comfortable with being on the same page.”

What I get from this:

Scioscia has already decided what "our baseball philosophy is and what we need to keep moving forward". The new GM's opinion is irrelevant. He has already indoctrinated Moreno to his way of thinking, and he has convinced him that it is the only right path. Scioscia wants to talk with the new GM to make sure that he is "comfortable with being on the same page" - in other words, doing it Scioscia's way.

For all of his talk about understanding the role of the GM, he seems to have little comprehension of it. This is still an inverted chain of command.
Edited by Vegas Halo Fan