• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Callups. The crap gets crappier

Bandy will be interesting AO...if he gets any time, I'm wanting to see him with the big boyz.

I'm actually going to be OK with Bandy and Perez if that is what it comes to. Of course Scioscia is going to have to opt out for that to ever happen, but in reality, catcher just isn't an offensive position like it used to be.

I'd be happy with two guys who both batted 260 and could throw out 50% of baserunners.

But my ceiling/standards are understandably lowered being an Angel fan.

Too bad about Rucinski, I was hoping they would give him a chance in September, seeing as they're desperate for some relief options. Good to see Freese and Cowgill back. I would imagine that this is going to be mostly a look-see for next year's prospects because I think the team's wild card chances are dwindling every day.

Bandy will be interesting AO...if he gets any time, I'm wanting to see him with the big boyz.

I'm actually going to be OK with Bandy and Perez if that is what it comes to. Of course Scioscia is going to have to opt out for that to ever happen, but in reality, catcher just isn't an offensive position like it used to be.

I'd be happy with two guys who both batted 260 and could throw out 50% of baserunners.

But my ceiling/standards are understandably lowered being an Angel fan.

That would be something considering the best qualifying catcher in CS% is at .435 this season.  Top 5 is over .400.  Top ten is over .352.  

You need to lower your expectations to 35-40%.

That would be something considering the best qualifying catcher in CS% is at .435 this season.  Top 5 is over .400.  Top ten is over .352.  

You need to lower your expectations to 35-40%.

Yogi Berra, 1,641 games as catcher, 49% CS%.

All-time best is Roy Campanella at 57%.

Edited by fan_since79