• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Fan Satisfaction Feedback (POLL)

Chuck

Angels Fan Satisfaction Feedback (POLL)  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Please provide your take on this current club

• Disgusted - Season Over - Stick a pineapple in my mouth and pull the plug
    • I'm over it and have moved on. Bring on Football, Hockey or Basketball
    • I'm unhappy but optimistic we can turn this around
    • It's what I expected so I'm not bummed
    • I'm good, already looking to next season
    • This season has been a fantastic experience for me as a fan

I'm more frustrated with the bleak and uncertain future of the organization going forward.

Everything stinks starting from the very top all the way down.

The only viable option to fix this already sunk ship is if they implement what the dodgers and cubs are doing.... aka....bring in a guy like Epstein or Friedman, who has complete control and a vision going forward.

Edited by Poozy

It's about what I expected. The offense was never addressed in the off season. If you expected something different then you weren't really paying attention last season. Losing Jepsen and getting Joyce was like a double kick in the nutz. Losing Howie was on the same level as the A's losing Cespedes last year.

Btw bet the farm that Scioscia will be back next season.

What Ettin said....does anyone still think this team and staff hasn't become stale for the most part?

But yes, the pitching collapse isn't totally unexpected.    Once Weave went on the DL and Nibs went down for the year, the young pitchers without experience pitching beyond 150 innings (except Richards, but still only 169 innings for a high) were due to begin to struggle under the increased workload.    That caused the bullpen to mostly meltdown.    The lack of hitting of course put a strain on the starters and relievers.

The perfect storm for August's collapse  

Edited by Angel Oracle

As I've stated in another thread I am not happy with any of the components of this team.  Ownership, front office, management and coaching and the players themselves have all sucked.

I'm guessing most of them would agree that their performance was a big gigantic fail. 

For me, the only thing about this team I really enjoy is Trout.  I'm bummed we couldn't surround him with the kind of team that can win even without him.

This team has sucked the joy of watching baseball for me.  I don't know what will happen for the next few seasons but I am not optimistic.

I'm disgusted.

My baseball team sucks.

My mailman is as pissed as I am, and he vents when he sees me.  I actually try to hide when he brings the mail.

I still watch every game until it starts to look bad, like around the 4th inning, and then I can't watch. 

I think I've developed a tic of shaking my head. 

The season has been about what I expected.....pitching I thought would be slightly better, but again, I think Jerry had a two year plan....year one rebuild the starting pitching for today, tomorrow and the next several years.  Year two, work on offense, although we are slightly hamstrung by Hamilton and Pujols, we can still rebuild.  Next year is not a total loss.  Fill in a hole at 3B (not a Freise fan), LF, catcher and 2b.  I think LF and 2B are moving up to the top priorities...I think a trade or two will happen and a FA signing.

I went with it's what I expected.  I figured they were a .500 ball club so I didn't have crazy expectations and quite honestly I haven't for a while because recent Angel teams have seemed pretty lackluster, nonchalant, call it what you will.  It's a long season and every team goes through ups and downs and admittedly I don't follow other teams but they just seem to take it to another level.  Again that's probably my jaded view of following them but it is what it is.  For the last few years I just haven't been getting that invested or interested in a team that doesn't seem to care and more importantly perform for long stretches.  I tune in, I root for them and so on but it makes it easier when they under perform because I don't expect much.    

As I've stated in another thread I am not happy with any of the components of this team.  Ownership, front office, management and coaching and the players themselves have all sucked.

I'm guessing most of them would agree that their performance was a big gigantic fail. 

For me, the only thing about this team I really enjoy is Trout.  I'm bummed we couldn't surround him with the kind of team that can win even without him.

This team has sucked the joy of watching baseball for me.  I don't know what will happen for the next few seasons but I am not optimistic.

I'm in the same boat as you.  Management and PR for this team are an unmitigated disaster.  From the Hamilton situation, to the whole "upper class spend more at the stadium" story, to Dipoto basically being so fed up with his lack of control as a GM that he just said "f*** this, peace out" in the MIDDLE of the season.    Our farm has been one of the worst in baseball for years now it seems, and we have no position player talent ready to replace our aging, dusty, overpaid turds.  Our coaching staff is stale and complacent.  Arte is starting to get a Jerry Jones-esque reputation as being overly involved in team operations. 

This team is so lucky that it drafted a once in a generation player that it isn't evey funny.  I pretty much only watch games to see our young pitching and to watch Kole, Cowart and Trout get at bats.

With this roster I really thought this was a losing team. Not enough talent. Maybe I'm spoiled but last year's 98 win, best-record-in-baseball team never felt real to me evidenced by the first round sweep but probably even more so by the pedestrian record they had against good teams. IIRC they were sub-.500 or close to it versus winning teams. What they excelled at in '14 was beating the teams they were supposed to beat. They were absolutely masterful at that. If they hadn't coasted the last week they would have won 101 or 102 games.

But the litmus test for a legitimately quality team is beating the good clubs. After all, that's all you see when you make the playoffs. That same pattern was exhibited this year through July - beat the bad teams until the wheels came off last month. Put me down in the camp of getting a tad bit more than I expected record-wise with a caveat of taking an unexpected pathway to get there. 54-40 was completely unexpected but so was 11-26.

i'm over it and have moved on.

as i've gotten older, when the team struggles it becomes a whole lot harder to hang in there for a full 9 innings of misery. i've hardly watched any games this year from start to finish. i check in frequently, but if they're losing i have zero confidence in their ability to come back. i'd rather watch or do something else.

i'd be more inclined to watch if they played exciting baseball, even if it meant they weren't winning everything in sight. i feel like we're back in the mid-90s right now.

Good news is Nibs and Weave contracts coming off the books after next season, and Hackilton's after 2017.

There's an additional $57 million freed up from average/season payroll.

i'm sure we're putting that into a low-yield savings account for when paul goldschmidt becomes a free agent at age 36.

With this roster I really thought this was a losing team. Not enough talent. Maybe I'm spoiled but last year's 98 win, best-record-in-baseball team never felt real to me evidenced by the first round sweep but probably even more so by the pedestrian record they had against good teams. IIRC they were sub-.500 or close to it versus winning teams. What they excelled at in '14 was beating the teams they were supposed to beat. They were absolutely masterful at that. If they hadn't coasted the last week they would have won 101 or 102 games.

But the litmus test for a legitimately quality team is beating the good clubs. After all, that's all you see when you make the playoffs. That same pattern was exhibited this year through July - beat the bad teams until the wheels came off last month. Put me down in the camp of getting a tad bit more than I expected record-wise with a caveat of taking an unexpected pathway to get there. 54-40 was completely unexpected but so was 11-26.

People say this all the time but it isn't really true.  Last year only five teams had a winning record against > .500 teams, and one of them was Seattle.  The Giants won the World Series with a losing record against good teams as well.