• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Fan Satisfaction Feedback (POLL)

Chuck

Angels Fan Satisfaction Feedback (POLL)  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Please provide your take on this current club

• Disgusted - Season Over - Stick a pineapple in my mouth and pull the plug
    • I'm over it and have moved on. Bring on Football, Hockey or Basketball
    • I'm unhappy but optimistic we can turn this around
    • It's what I expected so I'm not bummed
    • I'm good, already looking to next season
    • This season has been a fantastic experience for me as a fan

So much of this is based on what we "know" which is tto say we dont really know much but....

FO failed, assuming it ever had a chance.  If Arte's/Sven is calling the shots it was moot but we should have made several moves to salvage the season and went to kmart instead. 

Manager, failed, time to move on.  His game lives in the past, baseball has moved beyond gut feelings and instincts.  

Owner, well IF he is meddling its his prerogative, its his money, but someone should remnd he he made his money in advertising, not running baseball teams. 

Product on field, underachieving.   what else can you say. 

"It's what I expected so I'm not bummed."

This team always seemed shaky to me. It sucks that I invest so much time into following these guys but in the end it's not a big deal.

I've been super busy with a new job and my baby boy so it puts things into perspective.

Yeah like the Asian Indians groundskeepers say "they're still shitty."

I'm somewhere between option 3 and 4.

Get rid of Scioscia, we can turn this around next year, and I'll be looking forward to next season.

I'll follow either way, because it is what I've done for a half century or so...but I'll be watching more of Maddon's team and less of Scioscias...but I'm already doing that.

Edited by Homebrewer

None of those really fit how I feel. I felt the roster was flawed from the beginning although I expected us to be better than we are. I'm ready for a change and wouldn't object to a rebuild as long as we keep Trout. I want an exciting brand of baseball again, which means I want guys that can run bases and aren't one dimensional.

Owner: needs to stop meddling and leave the baseball operations to the experts

FO: what front office?! The GM is gone and I'm not sure what Stoneman is doing.

Manager: needs to go ASAP.

Production on the field: horrible approaches at the plate, no real plan, seemingly little advance scouting of opposing pitchers, overaggressive baserunning that often kills an inning, mistakes rewarded with high-fives in the dugout, lackadaisical play, defensive miscues, some players don't belong here and others are playing below their potential. 

"It's what I expected so I'm not bummed."

This team always seemed shaky to me. It sucks that I invest so much time into following these guys but in the end it's not a big deal.

I've been super busy with a new job and my baby boy so it puts things into perspective.

Yeah, my job and family stuff have taken a large part of my time this year so I haven't watched more than 20 games for the entire 9 innings. I usually just peak in for an inning or two or watch the last two innings when we're ahead and it's close. 

i'd say none of these really describe what i'd choose.  the closest i guess is the one about looking forward to next season.  I certainly am and do hold out hope that we'll be better. I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed with the direction the season has gone since August started.  Im not tuning out though, still want to see how the team ends up and I am rooting for the players to finish strong even if we don't make the postseason.

I'm kinda, "Meh, whatever."  The season is so long, so logically there will be peaks and valleys.  If they win, great!  The team I follow is successful.  If they suck, well.  I have no control so I let it go pretty easily.

I used to be a Superfan, but realized that kind of emotional investment was detrimental to my relationships with my family/friends. 

I would really internalize each pitch, out, run, win and loss.  It must have sucked to be around me after a loss or a bad season.  I dunno.  I'd have to ask my ex-wife. 

One consistent throughout the years has been the overwhelming negativity on this board to daily trials and tribulations of the team.  Can't say that I love it, but I do sorta understand.  I gotta say though, it's like a damn soap opera around here.  Conspiracies, back-room deals, megalomaniacs, Sociopaths, wunderkinds, backstabbing. Weird. 

Let me start off by saying I think Arte sucks, Sosh needs to be fired and the front office has been terrible.

I chose:

"I'm unhappy but optimistic we can turn this around"

I chose this because the Angels are only 3.5 games back in the Wild Card.  That is very doable if they just start playing like they did in July.  I still have hope they can do that.  Not much, but it is still there.

As for 2016, huge changes need to be made.  New manager, signing some big free agents and some smart trades.

I'll still throw in the random vent here and there and have a giggle at the box score but ultimately I'm no longer invested in this season. Call me fair-weathered, whatever. I'm not going to care more about the season than the team does. I have more important things to worry about.

If they somehow sneak back into the playoffs I'll be right back on but it just isn't worth it to me to watch this team right now.

<<I gotta say though, it's like a damn soap opera around here. Conspiracies, back-room deals, megalomaniacs, Sociopaths, wunderkinds, backstabbing. Weird.>>

You do realize that anyone who spends time on a team message board is considered "weird" by 99% of "normal" people.

Weird is a pre-requisite to even be here in the first place, but that is what makes it fun.

But, hey...I'm weird. 

I'm disgusted.

Front office situation has me frightened for the future not because Jerry left but because finding a new GM who is bright and forward-thinking has become more difficult with the power struggle that went on this year. Any new GM is going to think twice about putting themselves into a situation where they may encounter conflict with not only Scioscia but possibly even Moreno.

Product on the field is not that dissimilar to last year where honestly we probably overachieved slightly (think 94 game winner rather than 98). This year we have underachieved. We have the lowest team BABIP in the Majors (which last time I checked was around .268 or so) and it shows in the results. Our rotation carried us earlier in the year but has looked sloppy of late. Bullpen is the same. This team should be doing better but has really lost its rhythm.

Coaching staff has become stale to me as an outsider looking in. Consistency in attitude is great for the players but horrible for the fans and Scioscia is actually good at that. However it really feels like his voice has been lost to the players. I'd love to see Mike get fired up more this team needs a real kick in the ass.

There is still a real possibility we turn this around but it needs to start happening today. This team can contend every year if we bring in a capable GM to continue what Jerry was trying to do which Saltzer once quoted him as saying "a moving window of contention". I still think we can do that and it will require trading for some position players out of our pitching depth this off season.

EDIT: Perhaps "Disgusted" isn't exactly fitting my feeling but I didn't see myself in the other choices.

Edited by ettin

It's been rough lately, but I feel like a lot of it is circumstance and a little is due to bad personnel decisions. We basically have 4 guys that know what their job is, and that's a real problem. We didn't do well at the deadline. 2014 Shoemaker and Moron have pretty much disappeared. Weaver can't break glass. Wilson went down. I feel like this team could deal with some of those problems and still be an 88-95 win team. But when you put all those factors together, it doesn't look good. But a couple hot streaks and some good luck would still give us a shot.

Losing hope for this season is one thing, but I'm having a tough time being optimistic about the next 2-3 years.

This team is weighed down with some awful contracts and not many prospects close to being ready to contribute in a meaningful way. Unless Arte is going to go all Doyers and spend like there's no tomorrow, I just don't see this team being able to fix its deficiencies any time soon.

Add to that the Scioscia issue and what has become a revolving door GM position, and it gets even worse. I think those assuming Scioscia will retire this offseason are fooling themselves. 

I just don't see any major changes happening anytime soon. And to top it off, Trout - who through everything the last few years has been one the consistent beacon of hope - is mired in the worst slump of his career and we're getting close to the point where expectations for him might have to be adjusted.

I don't know man, I'm sure a new winning streak would make me feel better, but I'm finding it really hard to feel good about this organization right now.

Let me start off by saying I think Arte sucks, Sosh needs to be fired and the front office has been terrible.

I chose:

"I'm unhappy but optimistic we can turn this around"

I chose this because the Angels are only 3.5 games back in the Wild Card.  That is very doable if they just start playing like they did in July.  I still have hope they can do that.  Not much, but it is still there.

It seems that every time that I look, there is one more team between us and the second wild card spot.