• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I hope the Angels tank the rest of the season

Angelsjunky

And here's why: the org needs a shake-up, a change in direction, and new leadership. If Scioscia manages to sneak into the postseason Arte will be amazed at how he pulled it off. If he gets the team to play well but misses the postseason, he might earn himself another chance. Only a complete tanking - think 85+ losses - will get Arte in a place where he's ready to do something extreme.

This isn't me being a bad fan, but looking at the long-term rather than this year-to-year patch job that keeps happening.

If we do manage to sneak in and, even more amazingly, win the first series, Scioscia's job will be secure for three more years.

It already is.  It will be his option to opt out.  Otherwise, he's going nowhere.  

Frankly, I hope they win.  

If they were going to tank, I would have wanted it to happen before the deadline so they could move some players for a few farm pieces.  

And here's why: the org needs a shake-up, a change in direction, and new leadership. If Scioscia manages to sneak into the postseason Arte will be amazed at how he pulled it off. If he gets the team to play well but misses the postseason, he might earn himself another chance. Only a complete tanking - think 85+ losses - will get Arte in a place where he's ready to do something extreme.

This isn't me being a bad fan, but looking at the long-term rather than this year-to-year patch job that keeps happening.

77-85 would mean they'd go 12-19 the rest of the way--which is actually better than they've been playing lately.

I can't agree with this.

How is a 98 win season last year and sneaking into the playoffs this year a bad thing?

We're 3.5 GB with 31 games to play, come on!!

Go Halos!!

You make it sound so promising but in reality they are 4 games out in the loss column and 3 teams between them and going to NY/Toronto for a 1 game playoff to face the Royals.

I can't agree with this.

How is a 98 win season last year and sneaking into the playoffs this year a bad thing?

We're 3.5 GB with 31 games to play, come on!!

Go Halos!!

But here's the thing. The team has serious, underlying problems. The organization has systemic issues. These need to be addressed and the best chance for them to be addressed is for Arte to get a wake-up call and realize "this isn't working" - which "this" including Scioscia's management.

Of course I'd like to see the Angels in the playoffs. But given the way is configured and managed, I don't like their chances of beating the Royals, Blue Jays or Yankees in the first round.

I've been slammed on message boards, both Cubs and Angels, for daring to mention feeling like this in years past.

That you aren't being cursed at for thinking this way, is amazing, and says that many people are finally getting fed up with things as they are.

Lots of empty seats is the only way to get the message to Arte, though.

That's what I'm hoping for, for the rest of the season. 

Why do people want to sneak into the playoffs if it means things stay status quo? If they sneak in, they will be a wildcard and probably will lose that game. 

If they do win that game, people with these illusions of grandeur that the Angels will get hot and become a good team and win it all will be surely disappointed. This team is not the KC Royals of last year that had a lot of talent, but were inexperienced. This team is not the SF Giants either who were under performers in the regular season, but still had a WAYYYY more talented roster than that of the current Angels' team. 

Just put it to bed. This season is over. This team sucks. Scioscia sucks. Moreno sucks. They all suck. And even if they make the playoffs, this team still sucks and Scioscia will be more likely to remain, which is even worse. 

Isn't it masking the mediocrity of this team to somehow barely make the post-season after going 11-26?

Even that 17-3 run in July was mainly against also rans.    It was embellished big time, just like the similar 17-3 run after the 1995 ASB also coming against weak competition and masked the weaknesses eventually seen in mid-August through September that season.