• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels begin GM interviews

Loks like the DBacks, Padres and Angels would gave been better off hiring Eppler.

The DBacks would have been much better off signing Dipoto as opposed to Kevin Towers, who even prior to his disastrous run with the DBacks was already known by many in Southern California to be the worst GM's ever.

Kevin Towers is the reason we were able to get two starting pitchers for Mark Trumbo straight up.

You're right...   Even Jerry Dipoto said Towers did all the work on that one.   Towers asked him what he needed, asked him who he liked, and Towers made that deal happen.  

So, you could almost argue that Towers was as good for the Angels as Dipoto was.   Also not that it matters but I'm pretty sure AJ Schugel was part of that trade too.

Edited by Inside Pitch

• 2 weeks later...

There's a rumor that Sosh has more influence on the GM's decisions than most managers. I wonder if anyone has heard the same or think that it might be a factor in who becomes GM.

It's an AW fact, you know like Albert Pulos is older than he claims, Houston Street is a pansy, Arte is an idiot, the Angels have the worst player development and scouting department in the majors, Jerry Dipoto was fired, and players are never held accountable for failure. I'm sure I missed a couple of dozen others.

Edited by tomsred

It's an AW fact, you know like Albert Pulos is older than he claims, Houston Street is a pansy, Arte is an idiot, the Angels have the worst player development and scouting department in the majors, Jerry Dipoto was fired, and players are never held accountable for failure. I'm sure I missed a couple of dozen others.

Reagins was a patsy. According to Wikipedia (and I swear I didn't modify the page) Arte gave Reagins an explicit ultimatum to obtain Vernon Wells within 48 hours or he would be fired. It is widely believed, though not officially confirmed, that Scioscia pressured Reagins to get rid of Mike Napoli as part of the deal.

Arte has also openly claimed that Albert Pujols is his partner in the organization, making Pujols the second most powerful person in the organization even ahead of Scioscia. Pujols has barred Scioscia from positioning him anywhere other than third or fourth in the lineup. Pujols also does not like to be distracted by stolen base attempts so Trout has been given red lights (though Scioscia has denied this)

Edited by ScottLux

Reagins was a patsy. According to Wikipedia (and I swear I didn't modify the page) Arte gave Reagins an explicit ultimatum to obtain Vernon Wells within 48 hours or he would be fired. It is widely believed, though not officially confirmed, that Scioscia pressured Reagins to get rid of Mike Napoli as part of the deal.

Arte has also openly claimed that Albert Pujols is his partner in the organization, making Pujols the second most powerful person in the organization even ahead of Scioscia. Pujols has barred Scioscia from positioning him anywhere other than third or fourth in the lineup. Pujols also does not like to be distracted by stolen base attempts so Trout has been given red lights (though Scioscia has denied this)

We believe what we want to believe. Of everything you posted the only things I think that has any validity is Scioscia wanted Napoli traded, Arte has called Albert his partner, and Reagins was a patsy. The rest of it is your imagination.

Can confirm #Angels have interviewed Billy Eppler, Tony LaCava, Ross Atkins, Mike Hazen, Hal Morris, Matt Klentak, Scott Servais for GM job.

To quote major league, "Who are these F'n guys?" 

I know who most are but are we really going for a guy with no experience as a GM?  Then again i guess a real GM wouldnt take a back seat to Sven so getting an assistant makes sense since thats still going to be his role. 

And Flop if they would have been interviewing old school guys people would be wondering why the team isn't being progressive and interviewing retreads and Scioscia's cronies.

I wouldnt, but yes some would.

Fpr me this comes back to identity, what are we?  are we larg market competitors or are we going back to the days of Disney... for me i think we are breaking out the periwinkle.