• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels begin GM interviews

Hiring Bud Black to be GM doesn't make any sense to me. Hiring anybody based on their friendship with the manager is also ludicrous.

You hire a GM based on his background, understanding of what it takes to build a perennial winner and philosophy on roster procurement and talent development.

Yeah but this is the angels

Hiring Bud Black to be GM doesn't make any sense to me. Hiring anybody based on their friendship with the manager is also ludicrous.

You hire a GM based on his background, understanding of what it takes to build a perennial winner and philosophy on roster procurement and talent development.

In most other organizations, that would be true. However, the new GM here will have to deal with an entrenched manager who is apparently untouchable.

"I'm planning on bringing some grit, squat, and workin on some things to this club from top to bottom. I want to find all the flies in the ointment, I want pitchers that have the ball come out of their hand well. And uhhh.....pujols and scioscia are the bosses."

"you're hired"

"But how are you at page turning and cap tipping?"

conspiracy theory:

power struggle between MS and dipoto ends with JD taking a walk because the players back MS.

results in team camaraderie and some winning baseball.

MS decides to opt out of his contract after the season and informs management of such. 

A Dipoto mole leaks this back to the players 

Players get pissed off that MS is bailing after they backed him

Clubhouse turns to shit

Team goes 11-26

conspiracy theory:

power struggle between MS and dipoto ends with JD taking a walk because the players back MS.

results in team camaraderie and some winning baseball.

MS decides to opt out of his contract after the season and informs management of such.

A Dipoto mole leaks this back to the players

Players get pissed off that MS is bailing after they backed him

Clubhouse turns to shit

Team goes 11-26

Awesome.

Reality theory: this is not a good baseball team.

Lol @ 2012 with the signing of Dipoto, Pujols, Wilson and the talk of championships and the beginning of an Angels dynasty. I don't think this team is anywhere near as good as the Vladdy teams. Why does anyone give credibility to the 98 win team that proved to be unsustainable. The 2004-2009 teams which won division championships 5 out 6 seasons and one 2nd place finish were the best Angels teams. That team won 100 games in 2008. We really need to move on from the Dipoto era and stop pretending that he was building a winner. This team sucks and this team was his creation.

Arte please hire an experienced baseball executive that will fix this crap.

Edited by CALZONE