• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You're Going To Chow Down Like A Sad Fatty

Adam

So I tried Smashburger yesterday. The girl and I wanted to try it and it was pretty good. I don't compare it to INO because of the price and no drive thru, plus they sell beer. I was thrown back a bit by the price. Two burgers, two specialty fries, two drinks: $29.84. Now the burger tasted good, really good actually. I had a burger called the Baja Jalapeño Burger and she had a Create your own burger. We had smash fries and buffalo fries. I had a bottle of lemonade, she had a bottled water. $29.84. It was good, so maybe I shouldn't worry about the price, just thought it was kind of nuts. As a point of reference 2 DblDbls 2 Animal Fries and 2 Shakes is $20.95.

You know what Strad? I don't mind paying $5+ for a burger, hell even maybe $7+ if it's good like Fatburger/Smashburger/5 Guys.

What pisses me off is the extra's they so blatantly nickel and dime people for. I think at 5 Guys they wanted $3.19 for a regular fries. What? A fountain drink $2.29 for 10 CENTS worth of Soda?!?

That's one thing I do appreciate about In N Out. I don't think it's even $2 for their fries yet, you can probably still get a regular burger for under $2, and the fountain drinks are reasonably priced as well. Hell, I'd pay $5 for a double double just because all the other fixin's are so reasonably priced.

All of this sounds disgusting and I would never want to order any of it.

I don't like huge portions of food or junk-food-like combinations all mashed together. I think it's gross.

Dirty cheese sauce on biscuits and gravy? *BARF* I'll just eat my delicious food at home.

I don't know if you've noticed but you've been a pretty big critic lately and not the good kind. Whether you think it's gross is pretty meaningless, you were probably a latch key hot pockets and Mac and cheese kid growing up. But for those discussing the topic this is right on point to the discussion of binging unhealthy amounts food.

Speaking of Sushi..

Matsu in Huntington Beach is one of the things I miss. It's been there for almost 40 years now.

Not just sushi but other Japanese classics and nice atmosphere.

Doesn't look like much from the outside, but that place was great.

Edited by Homebrewer

Speaking of Sushi..

Matsu in Huntington Beach is one of the things I miss. It's been there for almost 40 years now.

Not just sushi but other Japanese classics and nice atmosphere.

Doesn't look like much from the outside, but that place was great.

Cool story, my mom has worked at Matsu for the past 25 years.  I have grown up on their sushi :D

Cool story, my mom has worked at Matsu for the past 25 years.  I have grown up on their sushi :D

I've probably been served by her then, as that was always a favorite place for special/family occasions.

HB was my family home.

A 'Boat' for them and sushi/sashimi for me.