• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why even have a manager?

augustred

The more I think about it the more I realize that we may not even need a manager and here is why:

1. He isn't responsible for the roster, the GM (Dipoto was)

2. He isn't responsible for the play of the players, they are

3. He isn't responsible for the team's attitude, they are and a lack of on field "leadership"

4. He isn't responsible for bad in game moves as he only has so many pitchers/position players

5. He isn't responsible for the teams prep (see #2)

These are all things I've read on this board. So what is Scioscia responsible for? The lineup card? Even that can be figured out without him, right?

So last year was a fluke.  They won 95 games but with a bad team.  But Sosh isn't responsible for last season and he is responsible for this year.

The way I see it the manager is responsible for getting the team prepared to play, for babysitting 25+ egos, for making a few in game moves.  However, just like the best impact players, managers maybe are worth 3 to 5 games a year (+ or -).

I think we should give him a break. I don't know how I could function if I were forced to make the choices he has to every night in putting a lineup together.

Let's see...Grant Green or Ryan Jackson?

DeJesus or Murphy?

Kaleb Cowart or ??? But I suppose Freese is returning soon, so at least there's that.

The whole ship has been taking on water and is about to sink. What Scioscia does at this point, does it really matter?

Edited by fan_since79

16 years is a long time with one team.   In fact, only 3 managers have managed longer with one team over the past 40 years (Cox, Lasorda, and Anderson).

Time to start over

Brand new Director of Operations

New GM

New manager and staff

Increased scouting/development budget (into top third in MLB)

Get EVERYONE on the same page early on!

So last year was a fluke.  They won 95 games but with a bad team.  But Sosh isn't responsible for last season and he is responsible for this year.

The way I see it the manager is responsible for getting the team prepared to play, for babysitting 25+ egos, for making a few in game moves.  However, just like the best impact players, managers maybe are worth 3 to 5 games a year (+ or -).

maybe one of the smarter guys here can come up with a mgrWAR stat.

The more I think about it the more I realize that we may not even need a manager and here is why:

1. He isn't responsible for the roster, the GM (Dipoto was)

2. He isn't responsible for the play of the players, they are

3. He isn't responsible for the team's attitude, they are and a lack of on field "leadership"

4. He isn't responsible for bad in game moves as he only has so many pitchers/position players

5. He isn't responsible for the teams prep (see #2)

These are all things I've read on this board. So what is Scioscia responsible for? The lineup card? Even that can be figured out without him, right?

11.jpg