• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Big price hikes coming for Medicare premiums in 2016

Social Security, for starters.

Some Crony hybrid nonsense proposed by a few fringe candidates to differentiate themselves from the establishment hardly counts as privatization. Privatization of social security would simply be the elimination of social security (or an optional program.)

Some Crony hybrid nonsense proposed by a few fringe candidates to differentiate themselves from the establishment hardly counts as privatization. Privatization of social security would simply be the elimination of social security (or an optional program.)

Privatizing Social Security is not a fringe issue for Republicans. It's been discussed. The model they often use is Chile. 

I'd love to see a model like the one they have in Singapore where citizens and permanent residents have an account that's designated for them that both they and their employer pay into.  That account is further divided into 4 accounts/buckets that cover retirement, helping with a home purchase and healthcare in later years while the 4th account comes into play after a certain point and combines two of the other accounts to assist with expenses later in life .  That said I know it won't happen for a variety of reasons the biggest of which is that we have a pay as you go system.  Regardless as someone in their early 30's I don't enjoy paying into a system I count on getting nothing from in retirement but it is what it is.  I'd gladly sacrifice what both me and my employer have paid so far along with what my employer will pay in the future just to keep my contribution going forward.      

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Chileans are still forced to participate. 

Republicans can discuss social security and medicare and flat taxes all they want. They're still non-starters. 

The Republican plan is basically to throw Social Security funds into the crap shoot of the stock market, simultaneously freeing the government of administering the program, and throwing tons of cash at their financial supporters in the form of program fees and commissions.

The Republican plan is basically to throw Social Security funds into the crap shoot of the stock market, simultaneously freeing the government of administering the program, and throwing tons of cash at their financial supporters in the form of program fees and commissions.

They can attract voters by spewing that nonsense, knowing full well it is a non-starter