• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The 98 win team was a fraud.....

Ohtaniland

They've never really recovered from being schooled by the Buzzsaw. This team was poorly constructed and is poorly managed. They need to hire a real baseball executive that will take control and blow it up and send Scioscia packing. They need a new direction because this team looks defeated. Dump that Rally Monkey and take away Buttercup to.

This thread should go over well with all of the people here that thought last season was legit.

This thread will be a circle jerk between yourself, who loves the dramatics of the Angels shit show, Claude, same as you, and the guys who seldom have anything good to say anyway. Enjoy.

Oh and if by fraud you mean unsustainable success then yes. The idea of a 162 game season being a fraud is silly. Frauds are one time events like Douglas over Tyson.

Edited by Stradling

We were a legit team last season. Howie made our defense and offense SO much better, Hamilton's defensive work at LF was actually pretty good as well and Conger was good defensively at catcher. Our pitching was amazing until Richards went down, and very good after. We just peaked too soon and limped into the playoffs with no real momentum.

The offseason was atrocious for our defense and offense, that's why we're a bad team. Pitching is still good, but couldn't be as good as it was last year before Richards injury. Weaver/Wilson are another year older, Richards was off a serious injury and Shoemaker was going to get figured out eventually.

We're one good offseason away (legit LF, legit infielder, maybe a DH) from being good offensively and defensively again. And our young pitchers will be another year into their progession.

This season has long been done for, but the future isn't so bleak. 

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

hypothetically, if we traded Trout, what kind of package would we be looking at getting.

Dont even type the words "Trout" and "trade" or "traded" in the same sentence.

This stupid idea needs to end now.  Even if you felt like trading Trout was a good idea, there isnt a single team in baseball that could put together a package good enough to justify it.  

It's the only way I would even entertain the thought.

There arent many teams if any besides the Astros that could put together a package like that, nor would any team consider doing that.  

I would consider that deal because Correa will be a great hitter at a position where offense is non existent.  And Keuchel is already a Cy Young candidate.  You cant get equal value for Trout and that alone makes him untradeable.  

There arent many teams if any besides the Astros that could put together a package like that, nor would any team consider doing that.

I would consider that deal because Correa will be a great hitter at a position where offense is non existent. And Keuchel is already a Cy Young candidate. You cant get equal value for Trout and that alone makes him untradeable.

I think Correa if healthy will be a top five player for a decade.

This thread will be a circle jerk between yourself, who loves the dramatics of the Angels shit show, Claude, same as you, and the guys who seldom have anything good to say anyway. Enjoy.

Oh and if by fraud you mean unsustainable success then yes. The idea of a 162 game season being a fraud is silly. Frauds are one time events like Douglas over Tyson.

This is only my second post on this thread. How many blisters are on your hands, circle jerker?

i dont understand how a team that wins 98 games is not "legit" that just does not compute for me.  You dont win 98 games by accident.

this years team IS different.

-No Kendrick-replaced with the great Johnny Giavatella

-Richards has not come back from his injury the guy he was last year(hopefully that guy shows up at some point again for the Angels) 

-Shoemaker has been bad Shoemaker...often

-Weaver is shittier then last year

-Ianetta is a lot shittier then last year 

-Aybar has been mostly useless with the bat (only 30 something rbi vs. 60 something last season)

-Pujols while hitting homeruns is even less of a legitimate 4 bat then he was last year

-Hamilton is a coke head

Nothing was really done to fill the gap left by Kendrick.  We all knew Shoemaker could regress like this.  We all know that Weaver has been on the decline for several years.

Ianetta i'll grant was not really a situation that could have been anticipated.  The same with Aybar, though...he's never really been much of a bat.  He's been decent relative to other SS and his value is defense.  Everyone knows that Albert is just getting older.  The Hamilton situation is beyond the control of the organization.  My point is, the organization knew about most of these issues and was unable or unwilling to act.  It doesnt make last years team a fraud.  Baseball is usually not static, things change...unfortunately for us most of these changes were for the worse  going into this season. 

the division is also significantly stronger with the Astros turning the corner a bit sooner then most expected and Texas playing good ball.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Last year's team true talent level was probably not 98 wins. It was probably around the 90 win mark and they overachieved. That's great. It was really enjoyable to watch.

This year's team probably has a true talent level higher than what it's played so far. Maybe it's underachieved by 3 or 4 games and maybe it will be 5 by the end of the season. It's why they play the games. 

But it's certainly possible that a team lucks into 8 wins one year and into 5 losses the next. It's a 13 game difference from one season to the next. 

The difference between a 98 win team and a 78 win team is only three games a month where you win instead of lose.  

That's extra game a month blown by the arsonists in the bullpen, one extra game a month blown by the awful clowns we've had in left field all year, and one game a month Howie or Iannetta would have won for us last year when they were here (physically, or at least skill-wise in the latter case).  

They've never really recovered from being schooled by the Buzzsaw. This team was poorly constructed and is poorly managed. They need to hire a real baseball executive that will take control and blow it up and send Scioscia packing. They need a new direction because this team looks defeated. Dump that Rally Monkey and take away Buttercup to.

Losing 2 games in 11 innings = buzzsaw?

I agree, ALL stadium gimmicks are stupid.

ahem....