• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NFL >>> MLB

ABC

I may be wrong but I wholeheartedly believe that there is room for more in-game strategy review. I'm not saying that there isn't any but there could be more.

If it happens it will be player driven. If a batter or pitcher feels it helps his game to look at video or see a pitch location chart between innings, it will catch on.

I'll save you a 50K post as well so I'll just say that I disagree with the entire theory.

Based on?  I gave you minuscule but precise examples of why the NFL playbook doesn't work in baseball.  I understand you disagree, but what is your reasoning?  Do you have any like comparisons between the sports that show how the NFL's saturated use of examination and review and planning would work in baseball?  

You're premise is an interesting one, but I just don't see how it can be applied to baseball.  There are just too many variables compared to the NFL where every player knows exactly what he is supposed to do before the ball is snapped. Furthermore, each player knows ahead of time the adjustments he has been instructed to make as a play develops in comparative slow motion to a 92 mph fastball, or even an 80 change up/Weaver fastball.

Based on?  I gave you minuscule but precise examples of why the NFL playbook doesn't work in baseball.  I understand you disagree, but what is your reasoning?  Do you have any like comparisons between the sports that show how the NFL's saturated use of examination and review and planning would work in baseball?  

You're premise is an interesting one, but I just don't see how it can be applied to baseball.  There are just too many variables compared to the NFL where every player knows exactly what he is supposed to do before the ball is snapped. Furthermore, each player knows ahead of time the adjustments he has been instructed to make as a play develops in comparative slow motion to a 92 mph fastball, or even an 80 change up/Weaver fastball.

I look at it differently than you do. I don't agree with your characterization of the NFL. NFL players are not programmed robots and I can make the case that the NFL has more variables than the MLB. Just because I make the case it doesn't make it real, conversely nor does it for you and the MLB because there is nothing concrete to back it up.

Many MLB players study before the game, they watch tape, they get swings/ptiches in and they get coached but when the game starts there is no need for it?

What information we talking about? Does anyone here actually know?

I have no idea.  Who was the Boston player that got rung up for having and using a cell phone in the dugout earlier this year?  I think it was the Panda.  Imagine if we had iPad's laying around in the dugout, what the players could do with those would be mind boggling.  Or maybe they could get advice directly from AngelsWin posters, LOL.

As far as reviewing last AB's during the game, I thought it was common knowledge that Angel players had the ability to go into the locker room area and have a video guy show them their last AB if they weren't sure how they were pitched to.

Edited by tomsred

WNBA >>>>>>>> NFL when When it comes to in-game work ethic and real-time strategy adjustments.

WNBA+Finals+Game+1+Indiana+Fever+v+Phoen

88777092-herad-coach-dan-hughes-of-the-s

Bill-Laimbeer.jpg

2012-10-18-wnba--4_3.jpg

STD-vs-STI-288x280.png

460x.jpg

940x.jpg

super-bowl-seattle-seahawks-general-mana

nfl-cold-weather-gear-inline.jpg

This is seriously one of the dumbest original posts ever on so many levels that it really does not even need to be argued any further.  

Edited by Stevestevens

I have no idea.  Who was the Boston player that got rung up for having and using a cell phone in the dugout earlier this year?  I think it was the Panda.  Imagine if we had iPad's laying around in the dugout, what the players could do with those would be mind boggling.  Or maybe they could get advice directly from AngelsWin posters, LOL.

Yeah because the ipad will be able to access facebook. 

As far as reviewing last AB's during the game, I thought it was common knowledge that Angel players had the ability to go into the locker room area and have a video guy show them their last AB if they weren't sure how they were pitched to.

I wonder how often that is taken advantage of.

Sorry but this could be the dumbest idea I've read on here.

I could say something mean here and it would sting you but I chose against doing so. 

I think you misinterpreted my post. I was sarcastically asking you if you would use a BP arm. Of course it would be dumb to do so. 

I could say something mean here and it would sting you but I chose against doing so. 

I think you misinterpreted my post. I was sarcastically asking you if you would use a BP arm. Of course it would be dumb to do so.

I'd still like to hear the sting

• 6 months later...