• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Dipoto to blame?

Docwaukee

Okay, 5 times with 95 wins from 2002-2009 plus the 92 win 2004 season featuring the 50-31 finish after the 42-39 first half plus the 89 win 2006 season featuring the 54-29 finish after a 35-44 start, and just 1 season out of 8 of not winning at least 89 games (franchise record for the first 21 seasons was 88.)

From THAT to the 2010s is a big letdown!   

How many teams had the run the Angels have had from 2002 to the present? Most fanbases would be so ****ing happy about all of the success but you want to piss on it non stop.

Just stop it.

Stop it!

The Angels franchise and stadium were transformed by Disney.  Before that the Angels were nobody.  2002 was a miracle after the 87-loss 2001 season. Expectations changed.

Much like when Bruce McNall bought the Kings and transformed that franchise.  Before that the Kings were nobody.  Gretzky arrived and expectations changed.

Most people here don't remember the awful 90's when the Angels did not play in a single playoff game the entire decade.

Arte has tried to keep it going.

Vlad was all set to sign with the Dodgers yet MLB rejected the contractual terms from McCourt.

Vlad then literally fell into the Angels lap.

I completely disagree.

Every team in MLB had the opportunity to sign Vlad and only Arte got it done. 28 other owners failed.

Edited by Lou

How many teams had the run the Angels have had from 2002 to the present? Most fanbases would be so ****ing happy about all of the success but you want to piss on it non stop.

Just stop it.

Stop it!

Okay, first off, the Stop It goes before the Just Stop It.

Secondly, the STOP in Just Stop it is capitalized.

Thirdly, who's pissing on the 2000s?

I loved the 2000s success in the regular season. It doesn't get any better, except for not having one extra WS trip win or lose.

What I don't love is the 2010's beginning to resemble the 1980's: up, down, up, down, with little continuity.

Edited by Angel Oracle

This season went to shit as soon as the Hamilton thing played out.  Not sure how much Dipoto could have done to make this team better.  The limp dick offense was inevitable.  He did gut the bullpen which was a head scratcher at the time.

The Hamilton thing was a disaster for sure and it exposed that there is a severe lack of depth in the org.  How many guys have we tried in LF this year?

"WAS"? Did he pass away??

I don't know anything definitive, but I have noticed that Murphy has not been on the field of late and Victorino has... something most have gone down to cause that to happen