• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Dipoto to blame?

Docwaukee

So, I wonder why they "quit on him"? I wonder who "quit on him"?

They probably quit on him because of how he handled the Hamilton situation. He vented on the situation before playing the 'what's best for him' card at the end. 

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/04/josh-hamiltons-teammates-not-happy-with-jerry-dipotos-statement/

April 4.

Then add in the clubhouse tantrum.

It's amazing the loyalty some have on here for the guy.

Edited by Shane

I don't get why some massive dysfunction has to be going on for a team to play .500 ball. This is the result of years of poor minor league development and contracts that busted. Jerry did his best to quickly get farm system back on track while staying competitive. In some aspects he did well in others he did not. In any case his hands are on the current team so he has to have some responsibility. Of course it's not all on him either. Scoscia likewise makes good and bad decisions. I think over his tenure he's mostly done well. To claim otherwise is grossly unfair and contradicts the actual results. Arte is the man on top, so ultimately failure rests with him. He's the one who greenlighted the reagins regime. He ok'd blowing up Eddie Bane and his team. He's also the guy that has allowed the Angels to play in the FA market. As far as the morale, I don't see any problems other then losing. I do see a shitty line up which I tend to think has more to do with the losing then some leadership crisis. Despite all the problems the team could still be a lot worse. I think there's reason to be hopeful for next year if we make some good moves in the off season. Let's just see how it plays out and stop with all the absolute judgements. They don't make any sense.

Edited by UndertheHalo

yeah, let's blame DiPoto --  sort of like that scene out of classic film :

remember that scene in the classic great film Schindler's List where one of the Jewish internees spits on a German guard or something and the Guard shoots one of the prisoners and then says he's going to keep shooting until they give up the person who did it -- and a quick thinking boy points to the guy the guard just shot dead and says "he did it"

Angels may end up at .500 or just above -- and out of the playoffs........question -- does that finish (well below expectations) result in any major changes at the helm??

to be fair, the rotation -- until just recently -- has performed well above expectations.....but its the finish that counts and looks like this year we're not even going to have the opportunity to get swept in the playoffs.

Truly, what has Morono ever done for this franchise that was good?

We are now one of the laughing stocks of MLB because of his many wrong moves!

I hope we finish 72-90!

Jesus Christ AO, slow your roll. Moreno has made this team a big market club. You only remember what you want to remember to fill your "Angels suck forever" narrative. Once again I'll ask you, only for you to ignore the question (again), did you ever expect the Angels to be over .500 as a franchise, in your life time?

Truly, what has Morono ever done for this franchise that was good?

We are now one of the laughing stocks of MLB because of his many wrong moves!

I hope we finish 72-90!

Been to the playoffs 6 times

Sold over 3M tickets every year

Extended Mike Trout

influenced you to write over 13 THOUSAND dickish posts

Has way more wins than losses

He > you

Accountability on a major league team with zero depth is a joke.

Yep. I once brifefly worked for a small business. The owner would periodically flip out at my colleague and make empty threats to fire him, but considering neither he nor I had trained a replacement for that position (basically bookkeeper/office manager), my buddy knew the owner couldn't actually afford to follow through on the threat without screwing himself over.

Edited by ScottLux

Jesus Christ AO, slow your roll. Moreno has made this team a big market club. You only remember what you want to remember to fill your "Angels suck forever" narrative. Once again I'll ask you, only for you to ignore the question (again), did you ever expect the Angels to be over .500 as a franchise, in your life time?

Amen.  The Arte hate is so outrageous.  He's completely changed the culture and expectations of the club. 

I didn't expect to see the Angels be an over .500 franchise within my lifetime as recently as 2013... in retrospect that may have been an overreaction to recent suckiness.

It's interesting that the Angels are the only MLB expansion team to have an all time winning record. Although they are also the oldest to not have a single inductee in the hall of fame. If they get a HOF inductee before 2040 I'll give myself a lifetime self-ban.

Edited by ScottLux

They probably quit on him because of how he handled the Hamilton situation. He vented on the situation before playing the 'what's best for him' card at the end.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/04/josh-hamiltons-teammates-not-happy-with-jerry-dipotos-statement/

April 4.

Then add in the clubhouse tantrum.

It's amazing the loyalty some have on here for the guy.

I would expect all of his teammates to support him. That didn't happen.

CJ Wilson is the voice of the team now? You can't be serious .

Look how his teammates reacted when he cried about not being contacted by the other players when they didn't reach out to him when he got injured - crickets

Edited by Lou

watching tonight's debacle in Oakland -- I mean, it's getting hard to watch these games......

Not going to wade into this debate about Arte (because I think he has done some very good things for the franchise during his ownership tenure) -- but everyone has to admit, this season is crashing to a simply under-whelming finish that is far below pre-season expectations.  In the past (last year was an exception) it was a slow start in the month of April that literally knocked the Halos out of contention before the season was hardly under way -- this year it's a terrible August that's sunk their hopes and it's August 31 and the Halos play tonight shows no sign of turning things around in September.

Last year the best record followed by the sweep (by a team with better fundamentals and home grown players) eyes turned to Scioscia to see if his string had run out......as the Halos stumble to the finish in 2015 one wonders about this off-season...........Bud Black is available as GM or manager; Ron Roenecke (spelled wrong) is coaching third base up the freeway........one wonders.

Scioscia is a Halos icon but perhaps after several years of coming up short, it's time for a change and a new perspective from the manager's perch.