• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Dipoto to blame?

Docwaukee

Dipoto's hands were never tied when it came to building a team. Scioscia didn't have any power over Dipoto in that respect. I'm guessing most GM's let there manager do their job without much interference during the season. I'm still befuddled as to why Dipoto quit in the first place. Why not finish out the season first? I was always told 'finish what you started' ... like it or not.

Dipoto quits at a time when the team needed him the most. That's the biggest 'douche move' I've seen in awhile.

Dipoto's hands were never tied when it came to building a team. Scioscia didn't have any power over Dipoto in that respect. I'm guessing most GM's let there manager do their job without much interference during the season. I'm still befuddled as to why Dipoto quit in the first place. Why not finish out the season first? I was always told 'finish what you started' ... like it or not.

Dipoto quits at a time when the team needed him the most. That's the biggest 'douche move' I've seen in awhile.

There was too much turmoil internally at work and yes, his hands were tied for some things. Dipoto got to the point where his job (with guaranteed money) was not good for him and his family, so he bounced. I give him credit for that. Sometimes $$$ is not everything. Plus he did feel bad about a clubhouse episode where he was uncharacteristic in behavior. Just one of those things when stress and aggravation are brought home at the end of the day, and it's just good for your overall well being, nor your family's.... There's some details and information that I just cannot share here. Sorry.

All I have to say is, I've written this season off. If we happen to sneak into the playoffs, GREAT. But I will be surprised. Just too much shit went down this year. I feel like it's a cursed season for the Halos unfortunately.

Dipoto's hands were never tied when it came to building a team. Scioscia didn't have any power over Dipoto in that respect. I'm guessing most GM's let there manager do their job without much interference during the season. I'm still befuddled as to why Dipoto quit in the first place. Why not finish out the season first? I was always told 'finish what you started' ... like it or not.

Dipoto quits at a time when the team needed him the most. That's the biggest 'douche move' I've seen in awhile.

If the atmosphere in the clubhouse truly is rife with conflict due to the GM and coaching staff having irreconcilable differences in vision, staying on would create more of a distraction for the team than getting out of the way and letting an interim GM who is on the same page as the coaches take over.

From the outside looking in I'd rather see Dipoto's philosophy be implemented unimpeded, but if Arte is not willing to back that up then Dipoto leaving ASAP was better for the team.

Edited by ScottLux

There was too much turmoil internally at work and yes, his hands were tied for some things. Dipoto got to the point where his job (with guaranteed money) was not good for him and his family, so he bounced. I give him credit for that. Sometimes $$$ is not everything. Plus he did feel bad about a clubhouse episode where he was uncharacteristic in behavior. Just one of those things when stress and aggravation are brought home at the end of the day, and it's just good for your overall well being, nor your family's.... There's some details and information that I just cannot share here. Sorry.

All I have to say is, I've written this season off. If we happen to sneak into the playoffs, GREAT. But I will be surprised. Just too much shit went down this year. I feel like it's a cursed season for the Halos unfortunately.

pretty much what I expected.  things were escalating beyond a healthy level.  Don't know for sure, but once he realized he had lost the respect of the players then it was time to go.  

Why is there such a strong desire to find one person or entity to blame?

Arte is to blame, he hired Dipoto after giving Sosh a super long contract and the implied power that goes with it. 

Dipoto is to blame, some of his moves were good, some were awful. 

Sosh is to blame, he and his staff have failed to get even an average year out of any player on this team.  He also could not be bothered to be flexible at all when it came to working with Dipoto.

The players are sure as hell to blame.  This year they couldn't pull up their big boy pants and get the job done.  These are grown professionals who simply aren't performing the job they were hired to do.

I may be wrong but the idea of blowing it all up and starting over again isn't such a bad thing.

Why is there such a strong desire to find one person or entity to blame?

Arte is to blame, he hired Dipoto after giving Sosh a super long contract and the implied power that goes with it. 

Dipoto is to blame, some of his moves were good, some were awful. 

Sosh is to blame, he and his staff have failed to get even an average year out of any player on this team.  He also could not be bothered to be flexible at all when it came to working with Dipoto.

The players are sure as hell to blame.  This year they couldn't pull up their big boy pants and get the job done.  These are grown professionals who simply aren't performing the job they were hired to do.

I may be wrong but the idea of blowing it all up and starting over again isn't such a bad thing.

I find your proposal lacking as you made no mention of executions.  Other than that -- well said.

Why all the hate towards 2B when, up until now, it's been about 10th on our list of problems?  

1. Hamilton ruined the lineup and the starting LF position on day one, and ****ed up the FO completely

2. Ianetta is the single worst starting catcher in the big leagues

3. Dino Ebel is severely missed at 3rd base

4. Freese getting hit and DL'd during a win streak

5. Trout getting hurt and then struggling

6. Pujols forgetting how to hit.. again.

7. Jered Weaver getting ancient before our eyes

8. CJ Wilson still being CJ Wilson

9. Not getting Cespedes or another bat in LF at the TD

10. Not getting another SP at the deadline.

Agree MT, except for the blowing it up part. I think we still have a good core group, just some huge holes.

2B, figure out 3B, a real LF. I think perez (or a similar 2B, although one who can field) are fine as long as we get a leadoff hitter and someone else who can hit the ball over the wall.

Slightly behind those major issues we need a 7th inning guy (2) and a better bench.