• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You know the season is done when...

When Joe Smith gives up a grand slam.

Reminded me of the time a few years back when Scioscia removed Greinke on the 9th with a 2-0 shutout going, who still looked fine, after giving up a fluke infield single.

Ernesto Frieri came in. First pitch home run game tied. Three pitches later walk off homer.

Season was over right there.

Reminded me of the time a few years back when Scioscia removed Greinke on the 9th with a 2-0 shutout going, who still looked fine, after giving up a fluke infield single.

Ernesto Frieri came in. First pitch home run game tied. Three pitches later walk off homer.

His change up was not as crisp as the previous inning. It was a smart move to pull him.

When it's August and you keep saying "welp, we lost the season series to that team, too".

This made me look it up. There are a few teams who we have winning records over:

Baltimore 4-2

Boston 5-2

Colorado 4-0

Detroit 6-1

Minnesota 2-1

Oakland 7-6

Seattle 8-5

Texas 8-4

Then there is this:

Houston 5-8

Kansas City 1-6

San Francisco 0-3

Toronto 2-5

This made me look it up. There are a few teams who we have winning records over:

Baltimore 4-2

Boston 5-2

Colorado 4-0

Detroit 6-1

Minnesota 2-1

Oakland 7-6

Seattle 8-5

Texas 8-4

Then there is this:

Houston 5-8

Kansas City 1-6

San Francisco 0-3

Toronto 2-5

Dodgers 0-3

We just lost the season series to Kansas City 6-1, Chicago 4-3, then Toronto 5-2, now we're about to blow the Cleveland season series. It's like watching an election and whoop, your candidate just lost Florida five minutes after losing Pennsylvania.

Election night are a lot less frustrating to watch if you make up rules and turn them into drinking games. Of course if you tried to do the same with Angels games you'd likely end up with servere liver problems in less than a year

That exact scenario occurred multiple times in 2012. Frieri was the absolute worst closer ever, and I had the misfortune of going to one of those games. 

That exact scenario occurred multiple times in 2012. Frieri was the absolute worst closer ever, and I had the misfortune of going to one of those games. 

I was at Frieri's last game ever as an Angel in June 2014. 

He came in with a 6-1 lead in the 9th (facing 7-8-9 hitters) and turned it into a save situation by walking the bases loaded. 

It was a day game and fans were loudly yelling that Frieri should be cut, Scioscia should be fired, Kendrick should pay attention to Don Baylor more etc. all game. Reminded me of the gameday threads.

I was at Frieri's last game ever as an Angel in June 2014. 

He came in with a 6-1 lead in the 9th (facing 7-8-9 hitters) and turned it into a save situation by walking the bases loaded. 

It was a day game and fans were loudly yelling that Frieri should be cut, Scioscia should be fired, Kendrick should pay attention to Don Baylor more etc. all game. Reminded me of the gameday threads.

I remember that day; I honestly can't believe Frieri made it to 2014 on this team. I would've cut him in 2012 2013.  

I went to several games where Frieri worked his magical charm, and the entire stadium would erupt into irrational anger: hats thrown everywhere, cursing, yelling, etc...

Edited by failos

I remember that day; I honestly can't believe Frieri made it to 2014 on this team. I would've cut him in 2012.

I went to several games where Frieri worked his magical charm, and the entire stadium would erupt into irrational anger: hats thrown everywhere, cursing, yelling, etc...

You would have cut him the year we traded for him? He was pretty damn good when we first got him.

When I'm coming out to California with a couple of nights free and am considering not even bothering going to an Angels game.

I hear ya. I'm coming out to Cali specifically for my yearly pilgrimage to catch a home series, and I am more excited to hit the beach then attend the games. I also booked the Embassy Suites right next to Stadium so I'll be able to open up the window to catch the invariable whiff of failure, lol