• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would You Rather..

Hollyw00d

Well he's a huge part of why the team is shitty right now.

I think the team is getting to him. I'm sure that Mike Trout would rather be playing with a team like the Pirates, Astros, Royals, Cardinals or even the Yankees right now just for the level of passion those teams are showing. He's a gamer and the Angels look like they're ready to mail it in very soon.

After everything that has happened in 2015, it's going to be really difficult to attract any GM or player to sign a long-term deal here.  Why would they? 

I think it's foolish at this point to underestimate the damage Moreno has done to the reputation of the franchise.

I think the team is getting to him. I'm sure that Mike Trout would rather be playing with a team like the Pirates, Astros, Royals, Cardinals or even the Yankees right now just for the level of passion those teams are showing. He's a gamer and the Angels look like they're ready to mail it in very soon.

This is probably a chicken or an egg argument, but why do you assume that the team makes Trout shitty?  I think it's the other way around, he's a big reason the team is shitty right now.  He played great through July, but August is on him as well as many of the other players.

Edited by tomsred

After everything that has happened in 2015, it's going to be really difficult to attract any GM or player to sign a long-term deal here. Why would they?

I think it's foolish at this point to underestimate the damage Moreno has done to the reputation of the franchise.

I think it's silly to overestimate it as well. This is a season where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Remember Trout had a bad spell late last year too where he seemed to be striking out a TON.

This is probably a chicken or an egg argument, but why do you assume that the team makes Trout shitty?  I think it's the other way around, he's a big reason the team is shitty right now.  He played great through July, but August is on him as well as many of the other players.

He's worn out. He has no help and he's been carrying the team for 3-4 seasons. I'm sure that he gets frustrated watching the lack of talent he's surrounded by. He probably hates losing like Tiger, Kobe or Jordan. He wants to be part of championships not 3rd place finishes.

He's worn out. He has no help and he's been carrying the team for 3-4 seasons. I'm sure that he gets frustrated watching the lack of talent he's surrounded by. He probably hates losing like Tiger, Kobe or Jordan. He wants to be part of championships not 3rd place finishes.

There's a huge difference between a basketball player carrying a team and Trout. What exactly has he been doing extra? He's still batting the same amount of times, still playing the same amount in the field. He doesn't attempt to steal as often so there's less where and tear. Remember, you're the one who thought he should be stealing more and not to baby him and compared him to Pete Rose.

I think it's silly to overestimate it as well. This is a season where everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Wrong!

What major injurys did the Angels have this season that hurt the season. Remember Morales' leg, Weavers' elbow, Richards' knee, Pujols' everything under the sun.

We had no major injury's and remained pretty heathy this year. The Yankees lost Pineda, Tanaka, Teixeira, Ellsburry, Beltran, Nova and Miller this season with stints on the DL and they are still competing. The loss of Dipoto means nothing on the field and last I checked Hamilton still sucked this season.

There's a huge difference between a basketball player carrying a team and Trout. What exactly has he been doing extra? He's still batting the same amount of times, still playing the same amount in the field. He doesn't attempt to steal as often so there's less where and tear. Remember, you're the one who thought he should be stealing more and not to baby him and compared him to Pete Rose.

Pete Rose played for the Big Red Machine. He had plenty of help and didn't have to carry the team. I compare Trout to Rose for setting the example but the rest of the Angels don't pay attention. We will lose the good years of Trout. Weaver and Pujols are toast.

So we're in agreement that Trout carrying this team isn't a real thing.

He's probably physically and mentally worn out. I'm willing to bet that if Arte offered Trout a chance to leave the the Angels for a better situation he would pack his bags tonight if the trade deadline was tomorrow. You can see it in his face that he's tired of losing. He wants a ring but I don't think he will get one in Anaheim hitting next to Albert in the lineup for the next six years.

I dont think even Tony Robbins can help the loser mindset engrained in so many people here. I can tell a lot about some members here with respect to their personal accomplishments by simply reading their posts. 

The Angels have a dwindling chance to sneak into the playoffs and the team is no fun to watch esp with Trout in a funk but to write off the immediate next few years is beyond silly. I think the Angels win the ALW next year.

Before it's all said and done Mike Trout himself may ask to get out of jail. He could conceivably play 7 seasons without a championship or even a playoff win. Mike is a winner so this has to be frustrating for him personally.

What exactly has Trout won?

His overall stat line would be wellsian if he had an average June. THAT is very concerning.

2017-2021 will not be kind to this franchise. If/when trout bolts, the angels will be an incredibly depressing team to watch

Take out Pujols' June =

.238 BA

21 HR

49 RBI

24 BB

53 K

Take out Trout's July =

.289 BA

21 HR

49 RBI

58 BB

108 K

After everything that has happened in 2015, it's going to be really difficult to attract any GM or player to sign a long-term deal here.  Why would they? 

Why does any FA sign with a team?

$$$

We won the division last year