• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

J Smith looks bad but Sosh leaves him in

ABC

I must have been catching his poor performances. This time, I literally walked in the door, turned on the TV and Smith threw his first pitch. A few min later 8-3. As for Indian announcers, IDGAS, like they even know.

They know because he pitched for them for five years before signing with the Angels...

In his previous 21 appearances he allowed just one home run.

Even when effective his pitches looked phat this season. He looks very different to my eye this year. 

I think he can still turn it around. 

Joe Smith rhp

3 years/$15.75M (2014-16)

• 3 years/$15.75M (2014-16)
    • signed by LA Angels as a free agent 11/13
    • 14:$5.25M, 15:$5.25M, 16:$5.25M
    • performance bonuses: may earn additional $0.25M annually based on games finished

In his 57 appearances this year (before tonight), Smith allowed more than 1 earned run in only five of them.

He's not that awful. He was tonight, though.

Eevryone will have an atrocious one here and there. He's seemed a bit lucky this year, IMO.

Even when effective his pitches looked phat this season. He looks very different to my eye this year. 

I think he can still turn it around. 

Then you're using the wrong baseline to determine his ability.   Last season was a complete outlier for him, he was out of his mind awesome in some areas...   He's basically been the same pitcher he always had been this season.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/smithjo05.shtml

All that being said -- he just had a bad game.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Then you're using the wrong baseline to determine his ability.   Last season was a complete outlier for him, he was out of his mind awesome in some areas...   He's basically been the same pitcher he always had been this season.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/smithjo05.shtml

All that being said -- he just had a bad game.

Good to know. That's unfortunate.

Yea you would have been pumped if he brought in Salas.

I didn't see what the game looked like but based on the box scores I can understand why Scioscia was reluctant to make a change. The last time Cam Bedrosian was brought in with bases loaded no outs in Cleveland he immediately gave up a walk off grand slam.