• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rib Injuries

Has anyone suffered rib injuries that weren't really noticeable until 6 or 7 days later? 

I fell pretty violently a week ago today with my chest taking the brunt of the fall.  The only injury I noticed was slight pain when taking a deep breath from day 0-5.  Then I woke up yesterday in much more pain to that area.  Getting out of bed was painful.  Deep breaths were far more painful.  Lifting was painful.  I went to the doctor for chest x-rays.  They don't think it's a punctured lung, but probably damage to rib cartilage.  Doc said to wait it out another four or five days. 

The pain is worse today than yesterday.  I don't understand why things are getting worse on Day 6 and 7, is this common? 

I damaged my ribs a few years ago. I swear they felt broken or something. The doctor said it was just a deep contusion. It really hurt and took about 6 months for the pain to be completely gone. There isn't much to do about them other than wrap them. Mine hurt the most about 4 days after my fall.

Edited by Angels N Skins

I had a chiropractor that tried to be the spine crunching hero and pushed so hard and violently he cracked a rib. At the time it hurt and I was thinking, damn, he really goofed that time.

Like you it got progressively worse and of course this was right before my wife and I took off for a vacation. So I was hitting the pain meds and some Lidocaine patches through the whole trip, the flight back was brutal.

I went in for an x-ray and they asked if I fell off a ladder or some work related injury and I said chiropractor, they just shook their heads and prescribed pain relievers. Nothing much they could do at that point, you can wrap it to stabilize the area but it just has to heal on it's own.

You really can't do much for fractured ribs but let them heal. They must be able to move so that the person can breathe.

This, from the Mayo Clinic, which says pretty much what I told mp.

In the past, doctors would use compression wraps — elastic bandages that you can wrap around your chest — to help splint and immobilize the area. Compression wraps aren't recommended for broken ribs anymore because they can keep you from taking deep breaths, which can increase the risk of pneumonia.

For my bachelor party, my buddy tackled me and I heard a pop on my rib. The next day my rib hurt, but nothing horrible. Then the 2nd day I could barely breathe. About a week later I got married and it was excruciating to move. For my honeymoon in Jamaica I had to be careful not to bump it. But the worst part was putting on a seat belt. I was hurting for about 3 months and was back to normal around 5 months. .

I had a chiropractor that tried to be the spine crunching hero and pushed so hard and violently he cracked a rib. At the time it hurt and I was thinking, damn, he really goofed that time.

Like you it got progressively worse and of course this was right before my wife and I took off for a vacation. So I was hitting the pain meds and some Lidocaine patches through the whole trip, the flight back was brutal.

I went in for an x-ray and they asked if I fell off a ladder or some work related injury and I said chiropractor, they just shook their heads and prescribed pain relievers. Nothing much they could do at that point, you can wrap it to stabilize the area but it just has to heal on it's own.

Call cals

#FindersFee