• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout seems befuddled

ghoetke

This not about hot streaks this is about Trout hitting below the Mathis line for a complete month and doing it from the 3 spot. If he just hit at career average the Angels probably have a few more wins. Ok, maybe a lot more. But he has been pure crap, a black hole in the moto.

The entire offense is a black hole. You can't knock someone in without someone on base ahead of you. Odds are he's probably injured and trying to find a way to play through it because he knows him at 60-70% is better than anyone else on the roster at 100%. He knows once he's DLd the Angels season is done and I'm sure he doesn't want that to happen. This is what team leaders do...

He's had a horrible stretch immediately after hurting his wrist and while the rest of our team has $hit the bed.

My guess is the wrist is still bothering or He knows the rest of the offense sucks and he's trying to do to much. It's also possible it's both.

Once again, I think you guys are letting him off the hook too easily.  By blaming his wrist (he can't control poor performance given an injury), or the rest of the team isn't hitting (so it's not his fault because he's trying to compensate for their poor performance).  Let him off the hook because he has been terrific up until August, but don't look so hard for excuses that are not of his making.  I think Mike Trout would tell you straight up that his performance in August was very poor, and it's his responsibility to fix it.  And I think the coaching staff has every confidence that he will turn it around sooner or later.

Once again, I think you guys are letting him off the hook too easily.  By blaming his wrist (he can't control poor performance given an injury), or the rest of the team isn't hitting (so it's not his fault because he's trying to compensate for their poor performance).  Let him off the hook because he has been terrific up until August, but don't look so hard for excuses that are not of his making.  I think Mike Trout would tell you straight up that his performance in August was very poor, and it's his responsibility to fix it.  And I think the coaching staff has every confidence that he will turn it around sooner or later.

Considering his overall numbers are good this year and he's been top two MVP votes for the past 3 seasons he deserves that free pass.