• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout seems befuddled

ghoetke

Trout strikes outs are mounting again and perhaps for the first time he seems to lack confidence. His RBI production isn't bad for hitting in the # 2 position but is heavily dependent on home runs. He hasn't hit  one in about 100 AB's.Trout's obviously a great talent and teammate but the comparisons to Mays and Mantle are way premature, IMO.

He's striking out less than last season, has accomplished an incredible amount before the age of 25 and on a Hall of Fame trajectory.

I think his struggles are in part due to the burden of carrying the offense almost the entire season. If there were more men on base more times during the season, his numbers would be better.

Sure he is...not as many as when he's on a hot streak but, hyperbole aside, more opportunities mean more RBIs

This not about hot streaks this is about Trout hitting below the Mathis line for a complete month and doing it from the 3 spot. If he just hit at career average the Angels probably have a few more wins. Ok, maybe a lot more. But he has been pure crap, a black hole in the moto.

When even Trout is joining everyone else on the team in a prolonged funk, one really has to wonder what kind of advice this whole squad is getting from Scioscia and his staff. 

There you have it, I would want to be a player on this team - you're never accountable.  Your either not paid enough, get bad advice, are hitting at an improper lineup spot, someone tells you to run when you shouldn't or vice versa, or they mess with your mental state someway.  How about the fact that Trout sucks right now, and it's his responsibility to fix it.

The players have all the power to fix slumps and win games, they don't need older men to babysit them all day long.

Edited by tomsred

Actually, Tom, it makes more sense that a guy with his resume is battling an injury than this prolonged slump. It is out of character for him.

It doesn't mean his wrist has a sprain, just not fully healed and as such he is compensating

Edited by notti

Actually, Tom, it makes more sense that a guy with his resume is battling an injury than this prolonged slump. It is out of character for him.

It doesn't mean his wrist has a sprain, just not fully healed and as such he is compensating

I can only go on what he's said publicly.  And he says it is not a problem, and that it only affected him for a few days.  I'll try to find the exact quotes and post them here.  If he's lying then he is hurting the team more by not seeking help medically.

Here is the article in which he insists the wrist is not the problem:  http://www.ocregister.com/articles/mike-679536-says-swing.html

This seems like one of those things where he will say after the season that it bothered him the rest of the way. I hate that shit

Baseball players like to send the impression that they are really tough with enormous pain thresholds, then when they fail and the stress and criticism of failure sinks in they wimp out sometimes admit they should have sought help and been more honest about injuries.  I don't think that's the case with Trout on this one, I believe this is what happens when you develop a flaw in your swing, and it becomes hard to eradicate it, and the whole process spirals out of control because your confidence level gets lowered considerably.  

Trout is in a slump they happen. It's too late for this team anyways there is no way the offense will suddenly wake up when Freese comes back. We are dead in the water it seems. No life, can't build momentum in any way. It's sad to watch because every win gives you that false hope that they are coming out of it