• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Orange County Register: Angels Notes: Still looking for help before Monday deadline

`

Yep, Trout's done.  It was all an illusion and extortion trick to get over $100M transferred from California to New Jersey.  Very sophisticated...Angels are done, there is no one left to like..........Jerry Dipoto poisoned the well, then left town.

Edited by tomsred

Trout and/or Pujols have to come out of their slumps for us to have a postseason.

Either one of them can carry this offense for a few weeks and get us right back on track. The wild card and even the division are in play if one or both of them gets hot.

I completely agree.

@ChrisCotillo: Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval both cleared waivers and can be traded anywhere: http://t.co/HZsLhr0a3L http://t.co/RBkf32Mlkk

I'd take either of them at this point if the asking price is reasonable. Preferably Hanley. Neither are having good seasons but maybe that will lower Boston's asking price. Both have hit well in the postseason as well. Course we have to get there first.

Trout and/or Pujols have to come out of their slumps for us to have a postseason.

Trout is dealing with a serious slump.  The ol take the first one down broadway ain't working too well these days.  Seems like every AB starts 0-2.  

Pujols is not in a slump.  He's old, slow, and overfed.  Solo HR or out, hardly nothing in between.  Also seems back in GIDP form.

I think that a player like Hanley instantly makes us a better offensive team. I think he's pressing because of the big contract (which isn't too outrageous), but his bat alone should give us a reason to take a look at him if he cleared waivers. We add a piece like that plus a free agent this offseason and we're a considerably better offensive team in my opinion.

If they could get Hanley Ramirez on the cheap with Boston picking up some of his money he would be a solid if not spectacular bat that we would have for a few years. He was poor defensively at SS, I wonder if he could play a passable second base.

Edit: just looked at Hanleys contract, no way should the Angels do it without getting a ton of money back from Boston.

Edited by Stradling