• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any other options to improve the O on waivers?

Chuck

Even if they get a bat, this season is toast. The pitching sucks just as bad and has only gotten worse. I say wait until the offseason to make any moves.

we are a half game out of the wild card

if it makes sense why not go after someone who could potentially help the offense?

If only Nibs didn't have recurring bone spurs, and Weave hadn't tanked for a lot of the season.

Then they wouldn't be relying so much on pitchers who have never pitched over 170 innings before. 

On the bright side, Richards, Santiago, Shoe, and Heaney should all be in line to pitch 200+ innings in 2016.

Plus, Nibs best season here came in 2013, also following bone spurs surgery. 

Weave is the huge question mark of the group.

Edited by Angel Oracle

At this point AO, I think CJ is huge question mark before he pitches period. We just have to hope that Richards pitches to the level that he can mostly. We'll see what happens with Skaggs and also hope that Heaney carries this over into next season. I also continue to hope that Shoemker can be a solid 5th starter for us. Santiago should be traded for development assets so hopefully he can right the ship here and finish September with a few more strong starts. We have just a lot question marks but hopefully some things go right and by 2017 we have a very strong rotation. Just lots of hope going on. Unless we are pretty active in FA I see little hope for th offense unfortunately.

why would we take on money now, when we wouldn't at the deadline?  whats the point anyway?  noone with enough impact is going to be there and we certainly dont need to corner the market on crappy LF.
If what we got didnt get it, getting a guy hitting 250 as an "upgrade" isnt going to matter that much. 
i hate to be all negative but seriously, if what we have cant get it done, another dumpster dive isnt going to make it better. 

why would we take on money now, when we wouldn't at the deadline? whats the point anyway? noone with enough impact is going to be there and we certainly dont need to corner the market on crappy LF.

If what we got didnt get it, getting a guy hitting 250 as an "upgrade" isnt going to matter that much.

i hate to be all negative but seriously, if what we have cant get it done, another dumpster dive isnt going to make it better.

Why would we take on money now and not at the trade deadline? The cost to acquire that player would be less as it relates to talent going back. It can't really be anyone on the 40 man roster going the other way.

Sherm is batting .210 and slugging .324 at AA, what am I missing. His OBP is good I guess at .330, but he is basically like a worse version of Chris Iannetta from two years ago.

Park, speed, and defense. He'd have the second highest OBP on the team. We need those guys hitting in front of Trout. He's exactly the kind of guy the Cards would have promoted already and had success.

Edited by Shane

Park, speed, and defense. He'd have the second highest OBP on the team. We need those guys hitting in front of Trout. He's exactly the kind of guy the Cards would have promoted already and had success.

In AA. You think the park affect is so great that he would be hitting .210 in the majors with the same OBP as he has in the minors, even though pitchers have better control in the majors?