• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random MLB Links Thread

gotbeer

Would you do it for 16M a year? I don't know if I would but it makes you think about it for a second.

Yeah, it actually does make you think.  He'd fit right into that leadoff spot.  He's typically a healthy player, minimum 156 games for the last 9 years.  He had his lowest OBP last season at 334.  He's a career 356.  low .779 OPS, but he's a career 850.  

Con is he's 32, and has 8 years left.  Then again, a 34 year old Zobrist might get 4 years.  

Looking at what second basemen might get right now.  12 is probably a no brainer.  16 you have to really look at what Zobrist, Murphy and Kendrick get.  

Yeah, it actually does make you think.  He'd fit right into that leadoff spot.  He's typically a healthy player, minimum 156 games for the last 9 years.  He had his lowest OBP last season at 334.  He's a career 356.  low .779 OPS, but he's a career 850.  

Con is he's 32, and has 8 years left.  Then again, a 34 year old Zobrist might get 4 years.  

Looking at what second basemen might get right now.  12 is probably a no brainer.  16 you have to really look at what Zobrist, Murphy and Kendrick get.  

I hope we don't seriously consider it but he wouldn't cost a pick, has more offensive upside but also has more financial risk. The only thing that irks me, is that he totally left a cushy situation for a few more dollars. He had more than enough but couldn't resist the money. I mean the guy left New York and all it entails for SEATTLE! Moving to the Los Angeles area could revive him but is it worth the risk?

I hope we don't seriously consider it but he wouldn't cost a pick, has more offensive upside but also has more financial risk. The only thing that irks me, is that he totally left a cushy situation for a few more dollars. He had more than enough but couldn't resist the money. I mean the guy left New York and all it entails for SEATTLE! Moving to the Los Angeles area could revive him but is it worth the risk?

here is the way I look at it.  Can you trade him at $24 for 8 years?  Yes, but you would have to eat a good portion of the contract.  In our scenarios, 50%-33%.

So say the Angels get him at $16 for 8 years.  If it doesn't work out for us, can you trade him at $16 for say 6 years?  I think it's a lot more possible.  Even if it's $12 for 6 years.  

But more realistically, if we trade for Cano at say $16 for 8 years.  You have to look at Trout having 5 years, so this move will be to make sure Trout has a core behind him that includes Simmons and Pujols and probably Calhoun for those 5 years.  So even if we have to eat the last 3 years, it would be $48.  But you know even old, he probably would have some value.  So say $8 value.  So we would risk $24 million.  So I don't think the risk is too great, considering good 2B's will be getting $15 and maybe even more this offseason.  

I'm actually leaning more towards the I'd do the deal if it was for $16 a year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Man charged in brutal attack on fan at Dodger Stadium last year

Nice family.

......when Michael Rae Papayans’ mother yelled insults at a group of people, including a New York Mets fan, in the Dodger Stadium parking lot, authorities said.

Moments later, the 27-year-old from Palos Verdes allegedly punched one of the men in the head, causing him to hit his skull loudly on the pavement and lose consciousness.

Prosecutors said the man suffered serious injuries. And if that wasn’t enough, they said, Papayans’ mother literally kicked the 50-year-old when he was down.