• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Cubs acquire Rodney

`

This was mentioned by others on this forum before, but Stoneman needs to try to trade Skaggs to the Red Sox for a massive haul of offensive players ASAP

Edited by ScottLux

That still says more about Rodney than it does Scioscia, no different than Napoli shitting the bed all season until he faces the Angels.

Napoli, Rodney, Kazmir, Hamilton... We seem to have an unusual number of players who give less effort for the Angels than they do for other teams.

Napoli, Rodney, Kazmir, Hamilton... We seem to have an unusual number of players who give less effort for the Angels than they do for other teams.

Look at that list. If you seriously try to justify this or blame it on Scioscia then I don't know what to say, with the exception of Napoli is the only one that was decent for the Angels. The rest were pretty bad and that is on them. Napoli was pretty good, really good, but this year he has been awful, yet steps it up when he plays the Angels. Imagine if we acquired a guy and all season he was playing awful, but somehow he played well six games a year against his former team. I am guessing you would say something along the lines of, "where the hell was this effort or focus the rest of the year"?

Look at that list. If you seriously try to justify this or blame it on Scioscia then I don't know what to say, with the exception of Napoli is the only one that was decent for the Angels. The rest were pretty bad and that is on them. Napoli was pretty good, really good, but this year he has been awful, yet steps it up when he plays the Angels. Imagine if we acquired a guy and all season he was playing awful, but somehow he played well six games a year against his former team. I am guessing you would say something along the lines of, "where the hell was this effort or focus the rest of the year"?

I don't specifically blame Scioscia. Most of the blame is on those players. But I don't think the laid back culture of turning the page and tolerating or even celebrating bad play (eg high fives for getting thrown out by ten feet) is ideal for players who are not as self motivated as they could be.

Edited by ScottLux

I don't specifically blame Scioscia. Most of the blame is on those players. But I don't think the laid back culture of turning the page and tolerating or even celebrating bad play (eg high fives for getting thrown out by ten feet) is ideal for players who are not as self motivated as they could be.

Because when Scioscia talks to his team in the clubhouse he talks about turning the page and he slaps players on the butt after the game in the clubhouse. It's delusional to think the message to players is the same to the media.

yeah, that's what I thought. God he was awful.

As I recall, Stoneman was pressured into retiring from the GM time due to his failure to talk Arte out of signing Gary Matthews Jr. Promoting Reagins was an out of the frying pan into the fire situation.