• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Victor and Gubi

I know we've had a million of these threads.  

I'm really getting sick of their I'm so sick of their sarcastic and passive-aggressive remarks all game.  

They are calling someone stupid.  Either it's Sosh or it's Santiago.   

I used to enjoy Victor's not toeing the company line announcing, and would occasionally contradict the Angels' mindset, however now it sounds like I'm listening to an AW poster calling the game.  

I don't know why it bothers me, when I shit on the team, every day, for years, but I'm not paid to present a product like they are.   

I know we've had a million of these threads.

I'm really getting sick of their I'm so sick of their sarcastic and passive-aggressive remarks all game.

They are calling someone stupid. Either it's Sosh or it's Santiago.

I used to enjoy Victor's not toeing the company line announcing, and would occasionally contradict the Angels' mindset, however now it sounds like I'm listening to an AW poster calling the game.

I don't know why it bothers me, when I shit on the team, every day, for years, but I'm not paid to present a product like they are.

I like how Langston explains in a straightforward non sarcastic manner why whatever just happened on the field was a bad decision

They're complete homers, and shills. They ignore the problems this team faces and pretend that everything is fine and dandy. 

Edited by failos

They're complete homers, and shills. They ignore the problems this team faces and pretend that everything is fine and dandy.

I disagree. Victor broadcasts with a lot of disdain. After overcoming a disliking for him, I liked that he'd take a Sosh decision to task.

But night after night, it's like listening to a game day thread on TV.

I disagree. Victor broadcasts with a lot of disdain. After overcoming a disliking for him, I liked that he'd take a Sosh decision to task.

But night after night, it's like listening to a game day thread on TV.

07-minister.jpg=Victor and Goober

Mark Langston is the only Angels guy who openly criticizes the team when the do stupid shit. 

Anyways, I'd like to see Victor and Goober gone, so we agree on that. Mark Langston should take Victor's job.

Edited by failos

I think Victors tone reflects how badly the team is playing. I like it because Physioc would be such an optimistic homer no matter what was happening, and I think Victor is being honest about how he is feeling while still being professional. Gubi to me sounds like the color commentator on a EA Sports MVP Baseball game saying the same crap over and over again.

I really like Victor as an announcer. I think he's fun, professional, and knowledgable. Gubicza isn't great IMO. I know he has nothing to do with the organization, but I think John Smoltz (on the rare occasion that I get hear him) is the best color guy on TV.

Langly is easily the best. I've noticed TSmith does his own variation of Physioc's classic "And it is now FIVE to two" when the team with two just scored. But I haven't quite placed it yet because it isn't as consistent or exaggerated; I think at least in yesterday's game it was the opposite: "six to FOUR" when the Angels got to six. But not nearly as pronounced, and Physioc had that reliability you could rely on.

I do really love the classic Smithy "and the 2-2 is swung on, and that fastball is clocked at 96 mph right there and that time he gets it by him and that is gonna be a strike out" as you hear the crowd in the background start to roar from the next batter launching a HR. Like can you just say "swung on and...missed"? It's awesome because it seems like the guy has some kind of speech disorder and his job is to talk. Personally I love it, because he's one of those unintentionally gem-like gems that are so rare and cherished. Then again, I'm also a big Rog Log and Hawk Har fan so my tastes aren't exactly conventional.

But I agree that Victor's pissiness has been rather pissy lately. At least Jimmy Jack seems like it is outta here.

I will have what you're having.

I cannot stand the whole delayed thing from Smithward. That was spot on.

Angels batting away, and he will say "deep fly ball to right" and then nothing, and you hear the cheers and the organ that plays at the end of the inning, and even the Spanish or opposing announcers (sometimes there's that proximity bleed) confirm that it's an out, before Terry says a word.

He's awful. This wasn't really another thread of bring Phy and Rex back. I'm somewhat with Stevens on that. Rex is bad even though I liked him. Phys was never my favorite.

It's more about Victor's negative comments. I appreciate his honesty and vocal frustration, but on the spectrum of cheery homer and AO, I'll take cheery homer.

Another reason why I like Hawk. Perfect blend of homer and then dissatisfaction.

Victor not sugar coating things (I haven't heard enough lately to hear for myself) is pretty far down on the list of improvement items for angels broadcasters.

And I like Langston as well.  He brings good stuff to the table, and having to work with a complete stiff makes it even harder.

Victor HAS had to watch this shit team for a few years. Can you blame him if he doesn't always sound too pleased in the booth? I would be the same way. I really like Victor and Gubi can be a knucklehead but I like him for the most part.

And I love listening to Physioc do the Royal games. Brings me back

I prefer realism over a head in the sand cheerleader any day.

Victor's dad is also going through chemo, so I imagine that isn't helping him get into a cheery mood either - https://twitter.com/VictorRojas29/status/636908566646013952

Edited by Reveille1984