• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cowart

mram197

I'd like to see Cowart get an extended look, but isn't Freese on a rehab assignment? If so, I suspect he will be back in the next day or two and Cowart will be back to AAA.

Yeah, Freese should be back soon. This weekend I think.

If he can become the everyday 3B in 2016 with a .750-.800 OPS next year, that 2010 draft won't look half bad: Cowart/Calhoun.

The Angels have had weak 3B for so many years & their hard to find. Its either solid but light hitting Figgins or a power guy who can't hit anymore like Freese.

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

If he can become the everyday 3B in 2016 with a .750-.780 OPS next year, that 2010 draft won't look half bad: Cowart/Calhoun.

The Angels have had weak 3B for so many years & their hard to find. Its either solid but light hitting Figgins or a power guy who can't hit anymore like Freese.

He could match Freese's production of a .700 OPS for league minimum and I'd take it.

I know it's been talked about but his rise to the big leagues is still just so incredible. He was dead in the water in AA, another overhyped angel prospect, he even sucked back in A ball. Who would have thought that a good hitting environment in AAA would get him going again. That's such a huge lift if he can take over the every day job next year, that way we only have to fix left, 2nd(arguably), and catcher.

I know it's been talked about but his rise to the big leagues is still just so incredible. He was dead in the water in AA, another overhyped angel prospect, he even sucked back in A ball. Who would have thought that a good hitting environment in AAA would get him going again. That's such a huge lift if he can take over the every day job next year, that way we only have to fix left, 2nd(arguably), and catcher.

And maybe the bullpen, bench, and look at options to stabilize the rotation, or give it more consistency.

And maybe the bullpen, bench, and look at options to stabilize the rotation, or give it more consistency.

The bullpen should be fine we have a lot of depth, gott seems to be fine in the 7th inning role, and smith and street works so why mess with it. Rasmus should be fine as a mop up or innings eater, the rest can be filled with cheap signings and guys we have in the minors. The only thing the rotation is lacking is a true number 1 so they can open up their pockets and go get David Price or wait for Richards to develop into that with Newcomb on the way. The bench you are right about we do need some good bench players, but let's focus on the starting 9 first.

Edited by AngelintheTroutfield

Freese is a FA after this season.  IMO, Cowart should get the full time 3B duties.  It would be nice to know what we have.  And make any appropriate moves in the offseason, than to hope that Cowart can step up next season.  Right now, it's just way too small of a sample size to make that decision.